Old 08-16-2011, 08:05 AM   #21
Fixed most of my trailer movement

I tried different things on my fifth wheel to help with the movement. I bought two 3 ton bottle jacks that was also jack stand combined from Tractor Supply for $39. I put each jack under frame near wheels on each side. These jacks have extentions helping to reach the frame and the stand helps if the bottle jack drifts down. That with the other stands have almost eliminated the movement and wife happy.

Chicken Legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:06 PM   #22
What do folks think about the Wayne's Stablizer Systems? Found on You Tube... - and believe these may be a good solution since it works on the principle of triangular stablization. Seems pretty straight forward with a couple of caveots...

1) you need to purchase at least two of them (one for horizontal rock and another to place lengthwise for back and forth)

2) you need to install them on the frame.

pmahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:48 PM   #23
Gary and Pam
I have removed almost all motion with three different methods. First the x chocks work to stop wheel rotation. Next JT Strongarm stabilizers on front and back. Lastly camco has a new high reach screw jack that work great just in front of the wheels to stop the frame bounce in the middle.
Gary & Pam
2010 Sandpiper 355QBQ
2010 F350 CC LB KR 4X4
Nights camped 2010-20 2011-26 2012-22

GSF63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:52 PM   #24
Plug It Right
We had no luck with our Bi-Pod at all. Aftermarket rear jacks helped a bit but it wasn't until we installed permanently installed stabilizers we were able to eliminate 95% of the interior movement. We've been using our stabilizers for over 6 years of fulltime use. Diana
2014 Ram Dually Pickup, Tailgate Easylift, Do More Slide Step & AMP side steps
1996/2010 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Suspension, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Big Foot Automatic Leveling System, TST Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Plug It Right Stabilizers.
Dutch & Di is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 06:23 AM   #25
Never used the stabilizer stands. The 3 ton jacks I was talking about were $29 instead of $39. One other thing I like about those jack/stands is that having them I leave the floor jack at home to save weight and can us them if I have a flat. The wobbly problem is the the wheels and their movement.
Chicken Legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 06:30 AM   #26
We use x chocks along with the stabilizers that came on the TT. What I have found is try to only extend the stabilizer about a foot to two feet. Use blocking to make up the difference. I carry some scrap 6x6 blocks a woodworking friend has given me. I carry them in the bed of the TV (bugs). I have had great success using the x chocks and the blocks. If I were setting up to stay somewhere for a month or more, I would try something else. It takes long enough to set up now for a weekend, I hate to add anything else that would consume my beer drinking time!
Kirk, KN1B
2013 Cardinal 3800FL
2009 GMC 3500HD CC LB SRW
kbrown1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:05 AM   #27
My wife complains all the time about the movement. It does not bother me, I have made a set of chocks that go between the wheels that helped. I dont like to torque the jacks down too tight as to break them. I have a friend that has replaced 3 already. I will have to let the wife read this so she knows it is just not our TT. LOL
2004 Chevy Avalanche Z66 W/Transmission Cooler
2011 Grey Wolf 28BH
Blue Ox Sway Pro WDH
2 Beagles (Snoopy & Dexter)

Big Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 02:20 PM   #28
Last trip out...

we were parked on a paved surface for 8 days. I put down the front and rear stabilizers, good weight on the tongue jack, plus 4 additional trailer jacks (the kind with the threaded bolt that you use to extend the jack up to the frame.)

Put one set of jacks right in front of the tires, and one set at the rear of the frame.

I think it helped, but the camper still moves and shakes when anybody moves in it. I think the solution may lie in lifting more weight off the tires and springs such that they are out of the equation. Hydraulic jacks around the tires may be the first position, then level with the tongue jack, then put down the corner stabilizers.
EinDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 05:19 PM   #29
DaveO, check out my post titled Update on my 2012 Vlite. I FULLY understand the wobbly problem!
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:53 AM   #30
This is what i added to my 34' rockwood windjammer in front of the axel. theres no more wobble ELECTRIC STABILIZER JACK RV CAMPER TRAILER MOTORHOME | eBay

BUTCHTHEBOATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote