Old 08-23-2011, 09:07 AM   #31

Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
Nice......(from above post) they should replace standard the front and rear stabilizers with this type! ELECTRIC STABILIZER JACK RV CAMPER TRAILER MOTORHOME

David & Annamarie & 2-Pugs (Fatty and Harley)
2011 Rockwood Windjammer 3065
2011 Ford F-250 6.2- V8
2011 Hensley Arrow "NO-SWAY" Hitch
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:19 AM   #32

BUTCHTHEBOATMAN you must have more moolas than me. For $700 plus it shouldn't wobble! You can get 2 stacker jacks at CW for $17 or 4 at WM for $39. I will say this about your arraingement, it would be much easier when setting up camp. But I can still lay on my back when setting the stacker jacks in place. Hope the ground isn't wet!

Old 08-23-2011, 01:57 PM   #33

Mr Timex
Your are correct when you say that's expensive, but when you spend over 40k for a tt what's a couple hundred more.The link i showed every one was only to get an idea what i did to stop the wobble. Hears a less expensive one, and i'm sure if you did a goggle search you could find one cheaper yet.
http://www.adventurerv.net/ultra-fab-power-electric-stabilizer-jacks-rear-economy-p-22347.html
The 2011 Rockwood Windjammer 3065w That my wife and i have, already had electric stabilizers front and rear from the factory, so i stayed with what works the easyiest, and looks like it came from the factoty that way.
Also, I instauled the electric stabilizer my self and saved a few $$$$.
8 bolts some wire and a little know how took me about 2 hrs total.
I mounted the switch were the steps tuck up into and tapped the wire into the existing 12v wire under the tt.
This sure beats crawling around in the dirt, sand, stones and mud etc. when it's raining.

BUTCH
Old 08-23-2011, 03:12 PM   #34

Butch, I have the 2012 30WRLTS Flagstaff V Lite. Talk about rockn roll without the stabilizers! A person could get seasick. I wish Forest River could have considered this more when designing this trailer. Some say it is because of the aluminum frame, the type of suspension, length, 3 slides...They were trying to hold the cost down so people could afford to buy them. We love our trailer and most of the features of it. Every one of us modifies our "homes" to suit us. But the stabilization should have been something they fixed in the design stage.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:59 PM   #35

Timex
The frame under the windjammer is 1/8 welded steel I channel. which consist of 3 pieces of 1/8 flat steel welded together 1 vertical and 2 horizontal. which is not as rigged as an extruded I beam . But it's still a good frame
So with this type of frame rails & cross members being 30+ feet long and designed like a ladder type frame, it becomes wobbly and it will allow you to feel movement when you walk around. The only way to help fix the problem is with added up rite supports which the factory should of built into the design of the bigger tt's.
( center stabilizers)
ps:an extruded frame would be way to heavy

BUTCH
Old 08-23-2011, 04:24 PM   #36

Gotcha!
Old 11-09-2011, 01:02 PM   #37

Just wanted to provide a review on one of the stabilizing bar systems. I picked up a set of the "LockArm Jack Satbilizing Bar" from PPL for $67. I mounted them on the landing gear of my 5er and along with the xchocks I already had, i am amazed at the difference it made. there is no movement whatsoever on the front end of my rig no matter how much I push on it. The rear is still wiggly but I'm going to try some cargo jacks back there and if it helps, probably get another set of the lock arms for a permanent fix.