Old 12-13-2018, 04:21 AM   #1

Camping in winter

Hi All,

My wife and I will be arriving at Rainbow springs state park campground(Florida state park) on Sunday 10/01/19 and will be there till Saturday 18/01/19. It has been many years since we have camped there, from looking at the photos online it looks like they no longer have any campsite down towards the river like they used to have. We used to spend a week there just about every summer when the kids were growing up and we all loved it. We plan on getting up early on Monday morning and hit the road. As it has been a long time since we have camped I would like to get some advice on buying camping stuff.

Michealbraunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 09:10 AM   #2

You are coming in Florida. Is that really winter camping? LOL

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0172.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	405.6 KB
ID:	194372

This is winter camping...

jon127.ramirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 10:40 AM   #3

Camping in winter

Rainbow Springs campground is a Florida State Park. There are no waterfront sites and the pool was filled in a few years back. We are usually there in May and December every year. The campground was somewhat remodeled about 12 years ago with new water and sewer lines and 50 amp at every RV site. Most sewer connections are toward the far rear of the sites so you may need 20-25í of sewer hose. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1988.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	458.6 KB
ID:	194376.
Retired JSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 10:56 AM   #4
I Break Everything

Are you in a motorhome, 5th wheel, etc? "Camping stuff?" Try being a little more specific.

You will find lots of definitions of "camp" in this group and others. Some think camping must require pooping behind the trees and having a forest fire for hotdogs. On the other end "camping" is a hotel on wheels. Where do you fall on this scale?

At this point in our lives we are in motorhome, our camping stuff is pretty much always in our RV, we just go. One thing I ALWAYS make sure I put in the fridge before we go...ICE for the Jack Daniels for when we get where ever there is. Good Luck.

2015 Georgetown Forest River 351DS Class A
2008 Keystone Cougar 293SAB 5th Wheel
2007 Jay Flight 30.5RLS 5th Wheel
2006 Jay Flight 29BHS TT
mikel68 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, winter