Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2014, 08:54 PM   #1

Cedar Creek sound system

We thought the entire sound system was a piece of poop. Our son suggested, after seeing what we had, that we upgrade the radio. He installed a Pioneer, with Blue Tooth, CD & MP3 capabilities. When the old radio was removed he realized half the problem was the fact the speakers were wired wrong! The woofer was on the same "circuit" as one of the speakers! We now have a system that sounds wonderful. We downloaded Pandora onto our IPad and IPhone and connect one of them to that new radio, via Blue Tooth.

If you have a vibration noise in the left side where the woofer is, the fix is to put SMALL stick on pads on the lower cabinet door!
Duramax/Allison
Full timers since 5/30/2013
OL Creeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:05 PM   #2

I have to agree with you on this. The sound coming out of the TV on our new CC is definitely poor. We haven't used the radio or even tried the iPod through the speakers yet.

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Retired Metropolitan Police (UK)
Hutch333id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:19 PM   #3

This was about the sound system. The TV is separate. You might try running the TV through the sound bar.
Duramax/Allison
Old 06-18-2014, 10:29 PM   #4

Ok, sorry. I thought they all ran through the same speakers.

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Old 06-18-2014, 10:36 PM   #5

If your tv sounds funny, it's the TV. We ran ours through the sound bar, with some improvement. However, it seems to make some speech a little difficult to hear. Maybe age!-
Duramax/Allison
Old 06-19-2014, 04:45 AM   #6

OL
Do you have the 32" Vizio sound bar in your CC? I have been trying to find a replacement 32" sound bar but looks like Vizio is the only one available in 32". I get decent sound from the bar but when I try to change the volume on the sound bar with the remote, it will only increase or decrease very little. I have to use the remote to the TV or radio, which ever one I am using at the time, to increase the volume. Sometimes the mute button on the sound bar remote will work, sometimes it won't.
I contacted Vizio and they had me run some test on it and decided the sound bar needed to be replaced and tried to sell me another one for $79.00 plus shipping. Although my CC is a early 2014 unit, after telling Vizio what the serial number of the sound bar was, they said they hadn't made that bar in over three years. Cedar Creek must have purchased a bunch of them three years ago for cheap and now we have to deal with it.

Where can I find a good 32" sound bar?

ret2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:41 AM   #7
CCRVOC

I had the same issue with the sound bar, it was connected wrong. Once I figured that out, the sound improved allot. I can live with it, but like said, the sound level is not very load. But it is a cheap sound bar. Finding a replacement under 32 inches is a challenge. Vizzo has a "brother" to the bar we have that is 29 inches with bluetooth and 2.0 sound.... $79 @ Wally World. Same quality I imagine.
2012 Dodge 3500, SLT Big Horn,CC,DRW,Cummins HO, EB, 4x4, 3:73, Retrax Pro, Q20, TST507, Garmin RV760, Sleek 4g
2014 Cedar Creek, 36CKTS, 1000w Solar, TriStar MPPT 60, Magnum 2000w, PI EMS, WiFi Ranger Elite, Sleek 4g, Wingard DTV Traveler
Retired Army in 1995, and now retired in 2016
Ramblin Recks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:40 AM   #8
Papi

If you want really good audio...

...Do what I did. I found a small 5.1 DVD/Amp at Walmart (Phillips, about $169) and installed it where the POC auto receiver used to be. It has FM also. I removed the Visio sound bar and Visio DVD and wired in the surround speakers on the other side via under the RV. A bit of work but well worth the effort! Front speakers are on each end of the TV area and center is where sound bar used to live. Actually more room for storage, etc., now. TV (coaxial audio out) and DVD all play through this system and I'm one less remote happy! Real 5.1 and much better sound than the Visio and TV by itself. I have a post elsewhere (in "Cedar Creek - 36CKTS - 40" TV Question" I believe) regarding how I wired the surround speakers. The new system isn't Bose but it is MUCH better than the junk FR installed. Was able to sell everything to co-workers for nearly what I paid for the new Phillips unit. Win-Win?
now in same place.
Papicamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:08 AM   #9

The sound bar

There isn't anything wrong with the sound bar, IMHO. Upgrading the radio was the answer as well as wiring the system correctly. We too looked for a replacement sound bar when we first got our CC, to no avail. Now, we're glad we didn't.
Duramax/Allison
Old 06-19-2014, 09:31 AM   #10
Papi

I agree...although it was not the greatest it did work reasonably well. I guess I am just determined to have my "5.1" and I do now. Enjoy!
now in same place.
Papicamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:15 PM   #11

Getting the hang of everything now! The sound out if the tv works great but the sound through the entertainment system (DVDs) sound awful. I'll go back and read a few more posts on the topic and see if there is any inexpensive fix.

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
With a F350 dually

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Old 06-24-2014, 11:10 PM   #12

I replaced the pos stereo in our Mini Lite with a Pioneer double din media player as well. I've connected it to the tv and I play dvd's through it as well as downloaded movies onto a USB stick. It's 1000% times the stereo the stock one ever was. I also replaced the garbage stock speakers as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
trikebubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 05:34 PM   #13

We have a New Cedar Creek 38fl. Couldn't get the stereo to play inside the unit, it only played outside. It wasn't until I realized it was just a car stereo and the speaker fade was all in one set. A simple fade adjustment worked....only too me three days of tinkering to figure that out. Now that I have announced to the world I am an idiot, I hope this might help some of my fellow audio novists
pstravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:21 PM   #14

Your sound system

You are not an idiot! You're in a club of many! We upgraded ours to a somewhat better radio. We still,have the balance/fader. But, the quality of the sound is better and the radio is somewhat easier to use.
Duramax/Allison

Tags
cedar creek