Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2018, 11:26 AM   #1

Coleman Roadtrip LXE

I have the above grill. I would like to convert it to use the low pressure QD on my Gray Wolf. It appears that the LP fitting on the grill for the regulator uses a nonstandard fitting. Does any one know a way to convert this grill?

Ken Powell
kenpowell1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 11:50 AM   #2
Casey & Carolyn

Following
2018 Ram 3500 4x4 CC Cummins Powered
Casey r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:21 PM   #3
Always Learning

There’s a kit called the Converta-C by Torjik that does exactly that. Check it out on propanegear.com.

I used their Converta-Q for my Weber Q and love it:
http://learntorv.com/weber-q-convertaq/
Old 01-14-2018, 09:58 PM   #4

I converted my road trip and it worked out just fine. I don't remember the exact details but it was quite easy. there are several videos on youtube on how to do this. I know I took it a bit further than the youtube videos. there is the tube assembly that you screw the green canister onto and you attach the other end of this tube to the grill. when you unscrew the grill adapter from the tube, the tube has a 1/8' male thread on it. I bought a quick disconnect pair. I connected the male part of the disconnect to the adapter that screws onto the grill. I put the female part of the disconnect on the 1/8" tube (needed to adapt the 1/8" thread to the 1/4" thread on the disconnect). I bought a 10 foot propane extension hose with male and female disconnect ends already on it. I can plug the hose into the trailer and the grill. or if wanted I can put a green canister on the tube that came with the grill and since it now has a disconnect on it I can connect it to the disconnect that is on the grill. i also have a propane hose that screws onto a tank with a acme nut and ends in the screw threads found on the green cylinders. i can use this with the tube that came with the grill to run it from a large tank. look at the youtube videos! very easy. use gas Teflon tape or pipe dope on the threads and check for leaks with bubble solution.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:10 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICKDOE View Post
I converted my road trip and it worked out just fine. I don't remember the exact details but it was quite easy.
I did the same thing, and it was really easy. This is the video that I used to guide me:
AustinChad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 01:52 PM   #6

I'm doing this currently to my lxx, just waiting on a few parts

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ll-108795.html
mbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 08:59 AM   #7

i did this to mine a few years ago. its simple. unscrewed the regulator from the connections and went to lowes and found a 15foot lp hose and fitted a connection to convert from the OD of the line from the grill to the hose i bought. but be carefull the metal is soft
2017 Nights Camped 75 and counting
2018 Nights Camped 40 and counting[/b]
USMC 2005-2015 OIF OEF
raforan is offline   Reply With Quote