Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2016, 08:53 AM   #1

Coleman Stove connected to the 2015 Mini Lite 1902s.

Very low flame. Using grill hose connected to12 foot hose then to stove regulator and 2 foot hose.
Very little pressure. Connected back to my little bottle and it worked fine. Any suggestions?
Old 07-23-2016, 09:01 AM   #2

I believe the problem is that your long hose is connected to the mini gas system which is already regulated so you are not putting enough pressure to your stove reg for things to work correctly. When you replace the hose with the bottle you have correct gas pressure for the stove reg to work JMHO did an edit forgot to say you may try removing the stove reg when hook to the mini gas system
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 09:04 AM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodog View Post
Very low flame. Using grill hose connected to12 foot hose then to stove regulator and 2 foot hose.
Very little pressure. Connected back to my little bottle and it worked fine. Any suggestions?
Very common. The RV's grill hose is run thru a low pressure regulator, and is designed to work with certain grills that operate off of low pressure. (without a built in pressure regulator)

Most of your other grills, have a pressure regulator built into the grill. So what happens when you connect to the RV's low pressure line, then it's running thru the grills pressure regulator too.... so you in essence have a double regulated low pressure....which is TOO low.

We have several threads on this. You can either adapt your grill (take out it's regulator if possible)....or connect your grill to the RV's propane tanks before it is regulated to the RV's grill hose.

Many people put in a propane distribution T at the tanks, and then run a hose to their grill.

These threads may help:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post708584

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ill-87299.html

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote