Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2017, 09:14 AM   #1

Concrete Slab Suggestions

We are thinking about a concrete slab in our back yard for our pop up and a 16” bowrider. We would also have to eventually install a new fence. Right now I just take down two fence panels and move the trailer in and out. The boat is 8’ wide and I think the slab should be big enough to accommodate a larger camper as much as 28’. Anyone have any thoughts pro or con? We live in the Orlando area and the ground is usually pretty soft.

“Always do what’s right; this will gratify some and astonish the rest” – Albert Einstein
CarpeDiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 09:26 AM   #2

I don't know what you mean by pro's and con's. I mean, you want a concrete pad big enough to store eventually a 28 ft trailer, so just do it. I guess a pro is it is done and accommodates future needs. A con is it is larger than you need today?

Only point I can see, if you currently take down two fence sections to get your trailer in and out, isn't there a post between those two? Is that removable as well?

I say just do it.

Mike
Old 10-29-2017, 10:30 AM   #3

We bought the house about two months ago. The fence installer didn’t cement the posts in. So I just pull it out, back the trailer in and resecure the sections. The more I think about it, you are probably right, silly question

“Always do what’s right; this will gratify some and astonish the rest” – Albert Einstein
CarpeDiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 12:12 PM   #4

About the only thing I would suggest would be to have a 30 amp outlet installed with the slab. I got spoiled when my in-laws were alive. Being campers themselves my father-in-law had an area just off the driveway that you could back the camper in to, and there was a 30 amp plug built into the retaining wall there. Was nice to be able to keep the camper plugged in, or plug it in a few days before a trip.
paulmac is offline   Reply With Quote