Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2017, 12:24 PM   #1

Console removal for laptop mount installation in Ford Transit

I'm trying to remove the entire center console. I need to get access to lower metal brackets under all those plastic housing parts. I've removed the top part of the console (tray), but cannot understand how to remove the second (biggest) part. The third part down (small part by the floor) held in place by two screws. Removing only this part possibly would be enough, but it does not come off, the part above (biggest part) seems to be on the way. Any help will be appreciated. I want to get to those brackets behind the plastic housing to see if I can attach laptop mount support there. Also if somebody installed laptop mount in Ford Transit chassis I'd like to learn about the installation and what laptop mount was used. I'm thinking about "Mobotron Heavy-Duty Vehicle Laptop Mount, Hold 10"-17" Laptop, Tablet MS-526" - https://www.amazon.com/Mobotron-MS-5.../dp/B004PK4B2E . However it'll be very inconvenient if I attach it to the seat screw as they recommend it'll be always on the way. So my idea is to mount it on the bracket that would be attached to something under the console and coming out from under the console on the floor. Thank you.

Attached Images

1984 Catalina 36 hull 268 (sailboat)
2017 Coachmen Freelander Micro 20CB
Ford Transit 350 HD cutaway chassis.
C36hull268 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford, mount