Old 06-24-2016, 12:29 PM   #21
2 weeks ago, my wife and I camped for 6 days in a campsite with no sewer. When we were leaving, I used their dump and the black tank was 3/4 full. We used the shower and toilet regularly. We only used the campground bathroom if we happened to be walking by it. We put 1 of those little chemical packets in it and had no smell at all.

glb6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 12:58 PM   #22
Originally Posted by mrpep View Post
So the only full hook ups have no shade so I booked at a water and electric only site and am planning to just use public shower and toilet. Part of me says just use public shower but use the trailer toilet but if I do , what is the best way to do this so keeping smells down since it is hot summer? Any advice is welcomed and appreciated, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are many chemicals one can use to kill the odor. Go to your local RV store and ask their advice.

papakilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 01:18 PM   #23
I did take it out on Memorial Day and used the toilet with no sewer hook up but while laying down with windows open and feeling the breeze I had a faint smell of sewer a few times.
Apart from what everyone else has said, are you leaving a couple of inches of fresh water in the toilet bowl after flushing? This helps seal the odour in the tank and prevents it from coming back up through the toilet. Whatever else you do, please don't drain the grey tank into the ground at your site.
Just a thought.

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Retired Metropolitan Police (UK)
Hutch333id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 01:46 PM   #24
FYI, as far as I know most places it is illegal to dump gray water on the ground. Not a good idea.

Rudy - 10 year old long haired dachshund
2011 Georgetown 350TS
2013 Chevrolet Equinox toad
RudysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 01:52 PM   #25
I leave the fan in the bathroom on low and keep door closed. I only had it stink once and it was because I forgot to put the sanitize in after last dump. Since we have to have the fan on when we cook, I just leave it on low if we have shore power all the time. Husband can't seem to remember the fans on the stove and bathroom needs to be on when cooking.
Chuck & Denise + Pata a.k.a the campground Gladys Karvitz
He is a picker, photographer, hiker. She is a quilter.
Both big nature lovers.
2015 23BD Grey Wolf, 2012 Chevy Silverado 1500
2015 - 7 nights, 2 trips, 2016 - 2 trip, 24 nights
Life is short
mdstudey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 02:20 PM   #26
With an Oxygenics shower head, our family of 5 can take 3 (brief) showers each before our 30 gallon gray is full. We routinely camp at electric-only state parks, so we use a Barker Waste Tote to handle gray water & a 40 gallon bladder (which rides on top of our fiberglass cap) to bring fresh water back to the TT.

Our 30 gallon black tank lasts for 2 weeks even with the outdoor sink emptying into it. Therefore I haven't needed to use the waste tote for black tank relief.

When staying at electric-only sites, remember to stop & get your fresh water before you setup camp... I forgot the first time we rolled into a state park & fortunately nice neighbors strung together their FW hoses until we had enough length to reach the closest FW spigot. Now I have the bladder & it packs into a 1 cu. ft. box when not needed...
2011 RAM 2500 ST Crew Cab 5.7 Hemi
2011 Primetime 3150BHD Touring Edition
Days camped in 2016-36
Days camped in 2015-37; Days camped in 2014-31

The_Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 04:51 PM   #27
I can't imagine 5 people filling you black tank in a week! 20 gallons is a lot of pee and poop! My gay water tank is 30 gallons and after a couple of days and 2 showers it is getting close to full. I bought a 32 gallon Barker tote that you can pull behind your truck to the dump station. It works GREAT!!!
Dave & Elaine
Brookfield, WI
2016 Rockwood, ROO 21SS, pulled by a 2015 F150 XT, Super Cab, 2.7L Eco Boost, with 3.55 axle. Electric 6-speed auto trans w/tow mod. Tow package & integrated trailer brake. 7,600 lb. tow capacity. 145 wheel base. Equalizer 4 point W/D hitch.
djemgoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 09:56 PM   #28
What about showers ? I only have 30 gallons I think. Well easily fill that since there's 5 of us. I shouldn't ask this cause I'm sure I know the answer but since I'm new to tt with bathroom I will ask, would it be completely rude to drain gray tank at site since the water is pretty ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We just spent 4 nights at a water/electric site. We only have 30 gal for grey water. Only my husband showered in the RV. I washed dishes using dish pans and caught water from handwashing in a pan. There were waste water dump stations very near our site that we used to dump the pans. At the end of our stay, the grey tank monitors said full and the black 2/3.

Based on our experience, I would suggest that you all shower at the public ones in the campground.
2017 Wildcat Maxx 26BHS
2016 Rockwood MiniLite 2503S (2015-2016)
2012 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost
OscarsMom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 06:40 AM   #29
It would be a cold day,,, you know where,,, before I would let 5 people shower in my RV !!! In only 3 days,,, Either use the Bath House,,, or wait till you get home !!!
Or maybe a whore bath would work ???
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 07:08 AM   #30
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
It would be a cold day,,, you know where,,, before I would let 5 people shower in my RV !!! In only 3 days,,, Either use the Bath House,,, or wait till you get home !!!
Or maybe a whore bath would work ???

Tell everyone they are responsible for emptying their own shower water from the grey tank into a bucket then hauling it to the bathouse for disposal. I bet either they'll pass on showers, take alot fewer of them or use the campground showers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2016 Coachmen Freedom Express Liberty Edition 310BHDS
2015 Toyota Tundra 5.7L V8 with towing package
Husky weight distribution hitch with sway control
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote