Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2016, 08:21 PM   #21
Left Coast
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: vancouver,washington
Posts: 15,649
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
After much trying to do an internal lighting of deflapper poles, decided to do an external mod......work'n on it today and tomorrow, but need to order a few items..probably a week away from gett'n any pics.......
__________________

__________________
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 10:35 AM   #22
DW's Retirement Plan
 
DaGrinch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Western MD
Posts: 1,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Designed by Bob Caldwell, here are pictures of how mine are installed. I have now purchased another pair of the Camco Deflappers so I can put 2 on each end of the awning.

BTW, I think Bob did a great job. Thanks OCW!
Hey Bob or Old Coot..,
What do the last two pictures depict? Is that Velcro on the end of the outside of the last picture and Velcro in the inside of the next to last? Is that to take up the slack of the inner pole? And what material did you use.... Metallic EMT?
Thanks.... Larry
__________________

__________________

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life...
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 02:18 PM   #23
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGrinch View Post
Hey Bob or Old Coot..,
What do the last two pictures depict? Is that Velcro on the end of the outside of the last picture and Velcro in the inside of the next to last? Is that to take up the slack of the inner pole? And what material did you use.... Metallic EMT?
Thanks.... Larry
The material is the fuzzy side of Velcro to take up slack and prevent scuffing the powder coating. I now have a set of alum tubing de-flappers and use two Camco deflappers on each end of the awning. Yes, they were metal EMT that Turbs made for me.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 02:47 PM   #24
DW's Retirement Plan
 
DaGrinch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Western MD
Posts: 1,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
The material is the fuzzy side of Velcro to take up slack and prevent scuffing the powder coating. I now have a set of alum tubing de-flappers and use two Camco deflappers on each end of the awning. Yes, they were metal EMT that Turbs made for me.
Thanks, OC, I appreciate the info!
__________________

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life...
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 02:19 PM   #25
DW's Retirement Plan
 
DaGrinch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Western MD
Posts: 1,085
Okay, OC, hopefully just one last question..... I was getting ready to drill my hole for the fixed pivot point at the top (picture #2 in the initial post) and I figured I'd better look one more time at where Bob's was drilled. Was a pop rivet drilled out and the bolt run through there? Kind of looks that way.
Thanks.
__________________

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life...
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 05:12 PM   #26
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGrinch View Post
Okay, OC, hopefully just one last question..... I was getting ready to drill my hole for the fixed pivot point at the top (picture #2 in the initial post) and I figured I'd better look one more time at where Bob's was drilled. Was a pop rivet drilled out and the bolt run through there? Kind of looks that way.
Thanks.
Yes, it is a rivet you drill out. I used a ss 1/4" eye bolt that I straightened out because I also hook a sun screen over the same bolt.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:00 AM   #27
DW's Retirement Plan
 
DaGrinch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Western MD
Posts: 1,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Yes, it is a rivet you drill out. I used a ss 1/4" eye bolt that I straightened out because I also hook a sun screen over the same bolt.
Thanks, OC, I appreciate the help.
__________________

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life...
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 05:49 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Designed by Bob Caldwell, here are pictures of how mine are installed. I have now purchased another pair of the Camco Deflappers so I can put 2 on each end of the awning.

BTW, I think Bob did a great job. Thanks OCW!
Not for everyone I guess. Even at lowest position, my trailer sits so high, the base of awning tube is still 7' above ground. In sudden storm I wouldn't be able to undo it without ladder. Seen enough awnings lost to sudden gust fronts. It is a nice design.
__________________
TheWolfPaq82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 08:24 PM   #29
DW's Retirement Plan
 
DaGrinch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Western MD
Posts: 1,085


TaDa! MANY THANKS to Bob for the design and Old Coot for giving the details. Now, to get a set of the wide deflappers.
__________________

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life...
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 06:51 AM   #30
Georgia Frog Rally 2017
 
aceinspp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: GA
Posts: 9,608
Thanks DaGrinch for posting that pic. Just got my poles few weeks ago and needed some good pics of install. Do you remove the deflappers when retracting the awning? Later RJD
__________________

__________________
2015 35 FT V-Lite 30WRLIKS Diamond Package
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped so far 2017 27
Days booked so far in 2017 37
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dometic, awning, electric

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47 AM.