Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2015, 07:22 AM   #21
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBsRedVett View Post
I have Dish HD, two receivers. One problem I have is I travel so much to dog shows, it pisses me off overtime I get to a location I have to call, stay on the phone with about 15 min. so they can get my location in.

Is this so you can receive locals where your @?

The other big thing that pisses us off I bought all my equipment and they still charge me for my 2nd receiver.

They charge 7 dollars for each receiver.
I bought my equipment to and at $7.00 a mo. Is pretty cheap.

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded, 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "2 nights"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 07:44 AM   #22
Team Bleu

Now they went to $8.00. Don't know why, but I keep getting an error message so they have to reset me up as I get nothing. I have to give them my address every weekend or so, such a pain. Looking at new RV's and checking on different a different service or I may just stick to a regular antennae and screw the Dish
DBsRedVett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 07:45 AM   #23

I have had dish at home for years. I bought a 211 receiver for the camper and the tailgater. When I get to the campground I call dish and they activate the receiver. When I get home I call them again and they turn it off. I'm charged only for the days I have it activated, no activation or deactivation fees. Can't be beat.
comfun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 07:46 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
TURBS
2015 camping "2 nights"
Did you know the receiver can tune in OTR digital channels. After you are set up a a location, raise your antenna and go to menu, setup and scan locals. Of course, you have to have the antenna input connected to the receiver.

I have done it a couple of times when near a decent size city.

Bill

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 07:46 AM   #25
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBsRedVett View Post
Now they went to $8.00. Don't know why, but I keep getting an error message so they have to reset me up as I get nothing. I have to give them my address every weekend or so, such a pain. Looking at new RV's and checking on different a different service or I may just stick to a regular antennae and screw the Dish
Do you have dish @ home?

TURBS
2015 camping "2 nights"
Old 04-21-2015, 07:52 AM   #26
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfun1 View Post
I have had dish at home for years. I bought a 211 receiver for the camper and the tailgater. When I get to the campground I call dish and they activate the receiver. When I get home I call them again and they turn it off. I'm charged only for the days I have it activated, no activation or deactivation fees. Can't be beat.
I think where some of the confusion is coming from is that some subscribers do not have dish network @ home so they have dish for my rv programing which is billed on a mo. By mo. Service.
And since there moving around it requires them to add in the "new" zip code for locals and such.

Now those of us that have dish home service can activate our receiver on a per use basis quick 5 minute call .
And if you don't care about locals "and your out of your local spot beam" they just use your home service zip.

TURBS
2015 camping "2 nights"
Old 04-21-2015, 07:55 AM   #27
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bend302 View Post
Did you know the receiver can tune in OTR digital channels. After you are set up a a location, raise your antenna and go to menu, setup and scan locals. Of course, you have to have the antenna input connected to the receiver.

I have done it a couple of times when near a decent size city.

Bill
I did know that.
We just use our ota antenna normally since we always have great local signal where we camp.

TURBS
2015 camping "2 nights"
Old 04-21-2015, 08:05 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
I think where some of the confusion is coming from is that some subscribers do not have dish network @ home so they have dish for my rv programing which is billed on a mo. By mo. Service.
And since there moving around it requires them to add in the "new" zip code for locals and such.

Now those of us that have dish home service can activate our receiver on a per use basis quick 5 minute call .
And if you don't care about locals "and your out of your local spot beam" they just use your home service zip.

TURBS
2015 camping "2 nights"
And for those of us that have a VIP211K or Z that we use at home there is no need to call DISH unless one wants the local channels at the remote site location via satellite (we just use the OTA antenna for those). Just take the home receiver and hook it up in the RV and good to go no matter where you are and no extra charges.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 08:09 AM   #29
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
And for those of us that have a VIP211K or Z that we use at home there is no need to call DISH unless one wants the local channels at the remote site location via satellite (we just use the OTA antenna for those). Just take the home receiver and hook it up in the RV and good to go no matter where you are and no extra charges.
Correct.

I used to use my receiver from my shop but when I went to the hopper system I could no longer do that as the new hopper receiver is not compatible with the tailgater antenna.

TURBS
2015 camping "2 nights"
Old 04-21-2015, 08:10 AM   #30

I've had both and I would 100% go with Dish. I so can't wait for my contract to me over.
Old 05-01-2015, 10:47 PM   #31

We like Dish because it allows us to have 6 tv's going at the same time at home and the one in our camper. The Tailgater is easy and it gets the HD programming. I get the azimuth and point the tailgater with my handy compass and it works after about 10 min of testing the switch acquiring signal and downloading the guide. Call Customer Service to get the local stations and watch away. True if there are trees in the way there is no joy there. Same applies to Direct. That said, dish anywhere works if you can get a wifi signal or have a 4g hotspot.

I would like to know more about adding the 2gb WD desktop hd to the Vip 211K.
Reb Kitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 11:03 PM   #32

I have also added a 2 gigabit Western Digital desktop hard drive to the Vip211k receiver for a one time fee of $40. to make this a DVR receiver. The good thing about this setup is that you don't have to pay for a DVR rental ever. Go to this web site from dish
http://dbstv.com/wp-content/uploads/...on-for-211.pdf

Hop this Helps Tim
TimVWulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 04:53 AM   #33

I grabbed a 1tb hard drive that is rated for extreme conditions so I can toss it around or keep it in the camper. Works like a charm with the 211z. Love dish.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 05-02-2015, 09:25 AM   #34

Make sure your hard drive is USB 2.0 compatible and off you go. We have a 2 TB.

2010 F250 5.4L 3.73
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equal-i-zer 4pt 12K

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote