Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2018, 01:38 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 109
Dometic Power Awning Sun Shades

Anyone using sun shades on their awning to block out the sun?

Looking to use someting across the front and on at least one side.

If so, what brand name are you using?

Thanks!
__________________

6CatDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 03:11 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: NW Illinois
Posts: 193
I just purchased the vista shade but have not put it on. Will have to wait until next weekend
__________________

__________________
2016 Coachmen Freedom Express Liberty Edition 292BHDS
FRRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 03:37 PM   #3
Citrus County, Fl.
 
GL1800Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Hernando, Fl
Posts: 1,906
I have a Dometic awning and recently bought a Care Free sun shade. Slides right in the groove on the awning roll. Seems to really cut down on the heat.
__________________
2016 Forester 3011DS
2017 Toyota Corolla SE toad
PREVIOUS: 2015 Flagstaff 832IKBS
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 03:41 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1800Rider View Post
I have a Dometic awning and recently bought a Care Free sun shade. Slides right in the groove on the awning roll. Seems to really cut down on the heat.
Did you get the shades for the sides too?
6CatDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 03:47 PM   #5
Citrus County, Fl.
 
GL1800Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Hernando, Fl
Posts: 1,906
No, just the front for now.
__________________
2016 Forester 3011DS
2017 Toyota Corolla SE toad
PREVIOUS: 2015 Flagstaff 832IKBS
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 04:08 PM   #6
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,704
We sometimes use them on both ends.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sunscreens in place.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	252.6 KB
ID:	177968   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear view of sunscreens.JPG
Views:	145
Size:	245.4 KB
ID:	177969  
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 07:15 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
nomad297's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6CatDaddy View Post
Anyone using sun shades on their awning to block out the sun?

Looking to use someting across the front and on at least one side.

If so, what brand name are you using?

Thanks!
Check out J&J Sunshades at rvmat.com | Home Page. They will make whatever you want with a huge selection of colors and patterns. I was referred to them by youroo and I am so grateful for his tip. This company is literally a Mom & Pop operation, in Florida, and all they want to do is please you and provide one of the best products you can find. Everything is Made in the USA and comes with a lifetime guarantee. The mat and sunshade they made for me are phenomenal.

Also, from the time I ordered my custom-sized mat and sunshade to the time I received them was only six days.

Bruce
__________________
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W Diamond
2015 Chevy 3500HD LTZ 6.0 Crew Cab 4x4 Long Bed 4.10:1 SRW
nomad297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 07:36 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 13,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
Check out J&J Sunshades at rvmat.com | Home Page. They will make whatever you want with a huge selection of colors and patterns. I was referred to them by youroo and I am so grateful for his tip. This company is literally a Mom & Pop operation, in Florida, and all they want to do is please you and provide one of the best products you can find. Everything is Made in the USA and comes with a lifetime guarantee. The mat and sunshade they made for me are phenomenal.

Also, from the time I ordered my custom-sized mat and sunshade to the time I received them was only six days.

Bruce
This Post says it All! J&J are a "One Call does it All" operation! Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:44 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
We sometimes use them on both ends.
Those look nice, thanks.
6CatDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:47 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
Check out J&J Sunshades at rvmat.com | Home Page. They will make whatever you want with a huge selection of colors and patterns. I was referred to them by youroo and I am so grateful for his tip. This company is literally a Mom & Pop operation, in Florida, and all they want to do is please you and provide one of the best products you can find. Everything is Made in the USA and comes with a lifetime guarantee. The mat and sunshade they made for me are phenomenal.

Also, from the time I ordered my custom-sized mat and sunshade to the time I received them was only six days.

Bruce
Mom & Pop, made in USA, high quality and fast...

Looks like I have to call J&J.

Thanks!
__________________

6CatDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
awning, dometic, power

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 PM.