Old 05-03-2012, 01:35 PM   #1

draining fresh water tank

What and where is a recommened way to drain antifreeze from the fresh water tank? Is this ok to drain in your yard?

Old 05-03-2012, 01:45 PM   #2
Mod free 5er

Yes, it is biodegradable and it will not harm grass, etc.

Old 05-03-2012, 01:48 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Assuming you used RV antifreeze, than is potable and biodegradable. I've drained to my field before and I don't believe this is an issue. But usually I just flush the system and leave in the gray tank until I empty the tanks at a campground.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triguy
Assuming you used RV antifreeze, than is potable and biodegradable. I've drained to my field before and I don't believe this is an issue. But usually I just flush the system and leave in the gray tank until I empty the tanks at a campground.
Yes I used rv antifreeze. Good to know I can put in yard be easier to dewinterize.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

IN the future you may want to purchase a winterize kit so that you don't have to dump mass amounts of antifreeze in your fw tank then have to deal with draining and sanitizing it . just a little over 2 gallons is all you need with winterizing kit .
Old 05-18-2012, 02:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo
IN the future you may want to purchase a winterize kit so that you don't have to dump mass amounts of antifreeze in your fw tank then have to deal with draining and sanitizing it . just a little over 2 gallons is all you need with winterizing kit .
I have a kit installed.. however, I could not get it to do what I needed it to do. Just didn't want to take antifreeze in so I ended up putting in fresh water tank. I did look yesterday at the valves to see if something is turned wrong but it does not appear so. I may experiment with colored water so I don't have to worry about the water heater just to see what does what..I noticed 4 valves in the area. Figured out 3 but the 4 th I am not sure what role it plays yet.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:26 PM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

You should have to turn all four valves.
3 for the hw bypass and the fourth to shut off fw supply to be able to suck antifreeze out of jug.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:32 PM   #8

Quote:
You should have to turn all four valves.
3 for the hw bypass and the fourth to shut off fw supply to be able to suck antifreeze out of jug.
That may be what the 4 th one is then. To the fw supply.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:04 PM   #9
Brigitte

Quote:
Sanitizing fwt? All there was was antifreeze. Why would sanitizing be nescessary? This antifreeze is supposed to be safe. Not planning on drinking water from fwt (ever) but curious.
Timbrens
boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:07 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by boubou View Post
Sanitizing fwt? All there was was antifreeze. Why would sanitizing be nescessary? This antifreeze is supposed to be safe. Not planning on drinking water from fwt (ever) but curious.

i dont plan on drinking it..i normally carry bottled water as we add drink mixes to those.