Old 05-15-2015, 04:28 PM   #21
Mod free 5er
Originally Posted by EXGMTech View Post
my exact question I missing something here? everything in my 5er gets flushed in to the holding tanks & on our first outing goes down the CG sewer drain...what's the deal with draining on driveways & yards?
Probably nothing wrong with either solution, dump in holding tanks - cg drain or just draining it on the driveway.

OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 04:55 PM   #22
Dag thought it was cool-aide ...... did taste funny........

Seriously though flush it into the holding tanks & dump it the first camping trip

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 05:15 PM   #23
I always drain in out in my gravel driveway .Same way I do my boat.
Unfortunately it doesn't kill all the dam cats in my neighborhood.
There still around being a nuisance
2007.5 Chevy 3500Ltz cc lb Duramax
2010 Sandpiper 345 RET (SOLD)
hrlyguy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 12:21 AM   #24
Thanks for the obvious solution. When I left the dealer he just left the drain cocks open and told me the police don't mind u dripping antifreeze while running down the interstate. Amazing how many drivers flashed their lights to alert me of the leak. One guy pulled alongside and screamed I was leaking gas from my camper trailer. I asked him if it was high or low octane. He didn't think it was funny. I told him my camper trailer was the new technology that didn't require any gasoline to run. But for those of u that drip and rip or dump and pump....if I see any pink cats around I'll know what happened 
Name:   ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1431753659.620136.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  52.6 KB
Lon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 10:51 PM   #25
It's too bad the camper manufacturers have not figured out a way to make the water lines in our campers self draining. Think about it, lawn sprinkler systems are self draining. When pressure is lost valves open allowing the water to drain out of the lines. How cool would it be when you shut down or disconnected your hose line valves would open and drain the water lines in the camper. When you re-pressurize the system those valves would close. That way the lines would always be dry. Even if there were manual valves that you could close at the beginning of the season, and open at the end of the season (or after each trip if you are so inclined) that would drain the water from the lines. No need to winterize with antifreeze or use air to drain the lines. Just dump a little antifreeze in the traps and your done. Just a thought.
paulmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 10:29 AM   #26
Left Coast
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Originally Posted by hrlyguy2 View Post
I always drain in out in my gravel driveway .Same way I do my boat.
Unfortunately it doesn't kill all the dam cats in my neighborhood.
There still around being a nuisance
Might have something to do with FISH smell.....

Bob/Linda, 99 Dodge 2500 Cummins,2010 8280 Rockwood Ultra-lite 5er, PullRite Superglide----- I'm retired......but work part time as a pain in the ass!........... USMC.
bob caldwell is online now   Reply With Quote