Old 11-27-2014, 03:50 PM   #1
dummy stickers

Does anyone else get really annoyed at all the "dummy stickers" all over their rig? Like the "gasoline only" on the toy hauler tank.or the various water stickers and tire pressure recommendations.Then there is the "forest river" tree stickers and the never color co ordinated dealer name /website they plaster on 3 sides.I really wish I' gotten this before it got cold,now I have to wait 5 months and hope they don't ghost the finish when I finally get them off.

trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 03:53 PM   #2
Done with this
The FIRST thing I did when we got it home, is peel off all of those blame stickers. Dealer stickers went too. If somebody's name is going on our camper, it's gonna be OURS...

I'm a little too truthful, I guess.
Y'all have fun in "Fantasy Land".
4mula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 04:11 PM   #3
Use a blow drier and take them off that's what I did. I don't like any stinking stickers on my rig that I didn't put on it myself. I differently don't want the dealers name on mine that I have to fix what they touched.
2014 Palomino Columbus 3650TH
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 12:12 PM   #4
The down side of removing them might come when you decide to sell your RV to a first timer. Get ready to answer a lot of questions or get phone calls asking "which tank is which" or "what does this switch do" or where c an I find..."?
tyke8319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 01:36 PM   #5
IF I were to sell it (very unlikely at my age),it would be like any other private person sale, that is "it is what you see,no gaurentee!". In the meanwhile I wont have those ugly, annoying stickers looking back at all the time!As a side note,the person who bought our trade in DID e mail me about several things,which was OK,but maybe the dealer should give me a PID stipend? It was all OK,they found a Bob Dylan CD in the player that we missed and mailed it back!
trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 05:21 PM   #6
The above evidently do not follow this forum. Those pesky stickers do come in handy for the uninitiated to the rv life style. Although, seems as though sometimes makes no difference. Some may be by code and others may be to cover the manufacturers a**. However; have never seen a dealer sticker listed as standard or optional item. I don't close any deal or drive any vehicle (car/rv) off the lot till it's removed. That is unless of course the dealer wants to pay me a monthly fee for the advertisement. Has never happened.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 06:14 PM   #7
Well leaving the informational stickers for newbies might be one thing but the "nitrogen filled tires" and a lot of the other useless liability and dealer stickers can come off. The first thing I do when I get a new car home is peel the stickers before they set.

On another note why do why buy logo wear clothing. To show off that we can buy brand names or we like being a free billboard for their ads?

There is some value in for example having a FROG decal to identify with other members of this community but beyond that I don't see much use for stickes or logo wear.
Orval and Yvonne
2016 Flagstaff 27RLWS Emerald Package
2011 F150 SCrew XTR 5.0L 4x4
Canadiancrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 10:30 AM   #8
We are the second owners of our 5th wheel and it was not used much judging by the minimal showing of wear inside and out.

The stickers were still on the toilet and shower plus all the dining seats still had the plastic on them.
The carpet still had some areas with plastic as well as all the basement storage area was still covered with the factory plastic.

I removed the warning (3) stickers from the interior walls near the stove as well.

However, any of the stickers that I removed I re-stuck them onto a clear pages and placed them in the Owners Book that I have with all the manuals and other important information....this all stays with the unit if it ever sells.

'07 WildCat 30 RLBS ~ West Coast Edition ~
Trail Air - Tri Glide Pin Box
2000 F350 DRW 7.3 Diesel Lariat 89k miles
Edge programmer, 4" SS exhaust turbo/back
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 10:38 AM   #9
Yep, first week I had the camper I took those stickers off. Most of mine were not straight and cosmetically a poor match to the location.
In my manufactures info packet I found the pages of mostly used stickers so I believe the dealer puts them on.
As for selling my rig to a newbie, I won’t be giving my phone number, I’ll be giving this web site sending them to you….
2011 Wildwood T26BHXL
2004 Yukon XL Denali
43yrs of camping; one lucky guy
YoungKopernik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 07:49 AM   #10
half my range hood was covered with stickers. Gone in a hurry along with many others. All of those stickers are "lawyer stickers". Prevent people from suing FR or the parts/appliance manufacturer because they are to stupid to figure out the obvious.

David & Lynn
2014 Coachmen Chaparral Signature 327 RLKS
2016 Ford F350 Lariat CC Dually
davel1971 is online now   Reply With Quote