Old 07-23-2012, 11:18 PM   #91

We keep our hoses in a plastic container with a lid.
My worst experience was when I pulled our hose out of the rear bumper only to find that a mouse had eaten the top half of the hose. Fortunately he hadn't got to the bottom yet so I was able to use the hose as a trough.

Old 08-24-2012, 02:45 PM   #92

We're new to the dump station, having only been on 4 trips with our new Roo, and already have a favorite memory: the lady standing over her husband eating a sandwich while he was doing the dumping.

Old 08-24-2012, 03:15 PM   #93
"On the road again"

Send a message via AIM to rjshiflet
Quote:
Originally Posted by indybp57 View Post
We're new to the dump station, having only been on 4 trips with our new Roo, and already have a favorite memory: the lady standing over her husband eating a sandwich while he was doing the dumping.
Love that story!!!

Robert & Estha Shiflet
'17 Cardinal 3456RL - '17 Ford F350 Lariat Ultimate - DRW w/B&W OEM Companion hitch
Nights Camping 2012 & 2013 & 2014 & 2015 & 2016: 587 ~ Nights Camping 2017: 125
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:34 PM   #94
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybp57 View Post
I stopped home one day around 1:00 to get lunch and the Septic Pump truck was parked in front of my house. The guy that pumps out our septic tank every few years had the hose in one hand and a sandwich in the other. His apparel is a pair of Rubber Boots mid-calf height, Short Pants (Blue Jean cut-offs) Dirty White to Grey Tee Shirt, Black Rubber Gloves that go pass his elbows and a baseball cap with We're #1 in the #2 Business on it. What a sight!

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:26 PM   #95
Go Pak

What an entertaining thread. LMAO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglasdh62 View Post
I have one of those caps on mine that has a hose connection on it, so if you have some fluid in the pipe you can open the cap and have the hose ready to catch it.
I was wondering if anyone would mention this. Here's what Doug is talking about.

One day your black tank valve may decide it's time to start leaking. With this thing on there (with the garden hose fitting at the bottom) you can hold the slinky with one hand and open the garden hose cap with the other and manage the problem. If you have the water hose running and laying at your feet you can hold the slinky with one hand and grab the water hose and rinse. I like the clear cap idea but what if it's full? I really like the secondary valve idea and would still use the garden hose cap after it. I believe I will get one of these.

a darn good video on the subject.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:46 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
I stopped home one day around 1:00 to get lunch and the Septic Pump truck was parked in front of my house. The guy that pumps out our septic tank every few years had the hose in one hand and a sandwich in the other. His apparel is a pair of Rubber Boots mid-calf height, Short Pants (Blue Jean cut-offs) Dirty White to Grey Tee Shirt, Black Rubber Gloves that go pass his elbows and a baseball cap with We're #1 in the #2 Business on it. What a sight!
Sounds like Cousin Eddie.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:13 PM   #97
Explorer

late to the post but good stuff

Hope I'm not to late to the party,
Who knew after kids were out of diapers Iíd be playing with poop again?
Three TIPS I havenít seen posted:
Bleach bottle, I spray bleach on all outside water connections before I use them. I have seen way to many dogs marking everything not too. As well everyone else touches these water connections after dumping sewer with or without gloves .
Back flush black water tank, I use a clear 45* Hydroflush(water hose inlet) but this by its self isnít enough for me. By lifting the sewer hose above the sewer gate valve about 6 inches I can get as much water as I need to flood the tank. Even more I lower the sewer hose just enough to let it fill with extra water but not low enough to drain yet then I lift it rapidly to force water back into tank to get a little slopping action in the tank.Then I let drain, I do this several times untell all is clear threw Hydroflush. Grey never works as well as the Black but I do it anyways. I do not have a clean-out system build into the tank so a wand and brush threw the potty and back flush from outside.
Sanitizer in the sinks, The same sanitizer I put in the potty(black water) I dribble in each of our sinks and shower to help sanitize the water traps and the tank. I only do this at the end of each trip, keeps every thing fresh.
My thoughts
John
Old 09-10-2012, 07:25 PM   #98

Tonight we had a rental unit pull in beside us. Looked out the window and they had the white water hose in the holding tank outlet back washing the tank onto the ground. They then hooked the water hose up to the C class MH. I see the bleach bottle coming out tomorrow to disinfect our shared water outlet.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:33 PM   #99
CampingQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper View Post
Tonight we had a rental unit pull in beside us. Looked out the window and they had the white water hose in the holding tank outlet back washing the tank onto the ground. They then hooked the water hose up to the C class MH. I see the bleach bottle coming out tomorrow to disinfect our shared water outlet.
AARRRRGGGHHHH!!!! Blech!

Thanks - that just killed my appetite and will help me on my diet tonight
2011: 17 nights 2012: 26 nights 2013: 46 2014: 20 2015: 16
arlee453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:18 PM   #100

Last weekend we were at the dump station when another trailer pulled up in the stall next to us. Guy pulls out his hose and hooks it up to his trailer, lays the other end out on the ground near the hole, and lets 'er rip. No elbow or anything, the stuff is just spewing everywhere. Maybe half of it made it down the chute.

Tags
led pad