Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2013, 03:27 PM   #211
Member
 
Sportracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: SLC Utah
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post

The scary thing is he might not be a newbie.
Maybe he is a plumber.
They have a totally different idea of what "gross" is.

Once you have see a crew eating lunch after clearing a pipe clog you will understand what I mean...
I was told years ago there are three critical things you must know to be a plumber. 1st. Stuff (substitute the other S word here) rolls down hill. 2nd , Trim your nails short. and 3rd, paydays are Thursdays.
__________________

__________________
Sportracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:09 PM   #212
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportracker View Post
I was told years ago there are three critical things you must know to be a plumber. 1st. Stuff (substitute the other S word here) rolls down hill. 2nd , Trim your nails short. and 3rd, paydays are Thursdays.
I heard that too!
__________________

__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:49 PM   #213
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportracker View Post
I was told years ago there are three critical things you must know to be a plumber. 1st. Stuff (substitute the other S word here) rolls down hill. 2nd , Trim your nails short. and 3rd, paydays are Thursdays.
You forgot the 4th. 4. Laugh all the way to the bank!
__________________
OldCoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:02 PM   #214
PPST OGCDG
 
Frank-VA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Between I-95 & The Great Dismal Swamp
Posts: 2,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by grayfox View Post
2 OLD FARTS IN THE SAND BOX.... funny and I like 'em both.
You can not call any body OLD unless they are fifteen years older that You.
your elders
__________________
Frank- VA {:-{)
2004 4x4 Ford 6.0 PS, SCC, SB
2005 Wildcat 29 RLBS
Frank-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:20 PM   #215
Site Team
 
dcheatwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,380
So a doctor had a stopped up drain. He called a plumber out who spent 15 minutes removing a wad of hair, and the drain was clear. Plumber hands the doc his bill for services and doc says "$140.00 for 15 minutes work? That's crazy. I'm a heart surgeon and just this morning I spent 3 hours removing a 90 blockage from a major artery, and I don't make anywhere near that kind of money." Plumber smiles and says "that's why I gave up my practice "
__________________
2013 Rockwood 8282WS
Reese Revolution Pin, Reese 16K
2008 Tundra Limited Double Cab 5.7L
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:58 PM   #216
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: South West PA
Posts: 2,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank-VA View Post
You can not call any body OLD unless they are fifteen years older that You.
your elders
My apologies to all the OLD Folks I called OLD
__________________
grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:28 PM   #217
Senior Member
 
PHS79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 414
Last weekend we were camping with friends, one of which had just bought their first camper, a 17' Jayco hybrid. When they got all packed up to go he came over and asked me how to dump the tanks, I gave him the short and sweet version of it. Then about 2 minutes later he came back and asked where the sewer hose was, I walked over and looked in the bumper but there wasn't one there. Luckily my cousin was also about to leave so they waited for each other and our friends borrowed my cousins sewer hose.

We are going camping with the same friends again this coming weekend, I wonder if he bought a sewer hose yet...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
So a doctor had a stopped up drain. He called a plumber out who spent 15 minutes removing a wad of hair, and the drain was clear. Plumber hands the doc his bill for services and doc says "$140.00 for 15 minutes work? That's crazy. I'm a heart surgeon and just this morning I spent 3 hours removing a 90 blockage from a major artery, and I don't make anywhere near that kind of money." Plumber smiles and says "that's why I gave up my practice "
Isn't that the truth! I can't complain, I have a good buddy who is a master plumber, he gives me some good deals. I just got the bid back from him for the addition we are going to do to our house, $8,000 for all fixtures-labor-materials for 3 full baths, laundry room, floor drains in the garage and laundry sink in the garage.
__________________
TT-2013 Passport 3220BH
TV-2004 F150 FX4, not exactly stock...
nights camped:
with 2001 Kodiak K215: 2010-10, 2011-12
with 2012 Grey Wolf 26BH: 2012-19, 2013-24, 2014-11, 2015-6
with 2013 Passport: 2015-13, 2016-15 booked
PHS79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:42 PM   #218
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by grayfox View Post
2 OLD FARTS IN THE SAND BOX.... funny and I like 'em both.
Fox you're getting as bad as FT Turbs and I don't think you want to be categorized with him. You are getting VERY, VERY CLOSE to acquiring that dreaded distinction tho', I would advise you to tread very carefully the next few days. Us OLD folks can be quite devious as we've done things you young whippersnappers ain't even dreamed of yet or will even think of doing.
__________________
OldCoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:54 PM   #219
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: South West PA
Posts: 2,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Fox you're getting as bad as FT Turbs and I don't think you want to be categorized with him. You are getting VERY, VERY CLOSE to acquiring that dreaded distinction tho', I would advise you to tread very carefully the next few days. Us OLD folks can be quite devious as we've done things you young whippersnappers ain't even dreamed of yet or will even think of doing.
Now by your own admission you have the distinction of being a " Devious OLD
FOLK" and advised me to "tread very carefully the next few days". I have taken this statement under advisement and have come to the conclusion that you suffer from some severe mental abnormality or a chemical imbalance or both and suggest you get a checkup from the neck up and a complete blood analysis. Meanwhile here on "The Ridge" we'll keep a watchful eye for devious old miscreants.
__________________
grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:13 PM   #220
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by grayfox View Post
Now by your own admission you have the distinction of being a " Devious OLD
FOLK" and advised me to "tread very carefully the next few days". I have taken this statement under advisement and have come to the conclusion that you suffer from some severe mental abnormality or a chemical imbalance or both and suggest you get a checkup from the neck up and a complete blood analysis. Meanwhile here on "The Ridge" we'll keep a watchful eye for devious old miscreants.
I think that the ongoing feud between OC and Turbo is now shifting to a feud between OC and Grayfox - glad I'm on the outside looking in
__________________

__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
led pad

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:09 AM.