Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2018, 08:04 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigflag View Post
I have replaced my shower valve with a thermostatically controlled one similar to those used in Europe and on most cruise ships. Set the temp once and that's it. Water temp stays the same as long as there is hot water. No waste fiddling around trying to adjust the temp.

Mine is similar to this one and worth every penny and the hour spent installing it.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Thermostati...QAAOSwgu9ZZFDa
X2 It’s awesome. A water saver and no worries about grandkids scalding themselves. It was a pain to install but well worth it.
The Newsoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:25 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Yes single lever with output on the Bottom is the correct way to install,especially come "Winterize Time"! We also added a ball shutoff valve at the bottom outlet then attach the hose,that way you can reach down and turn off the Flow with one hand while holding the shower head! As said make sure the lines connect to the proper "H/C"! Youroo!!
Thanks "youroo"....

We read about the disconnect in a previous posting about the Oxygenics shower and I told the Hubby - he liked the idea and DID do that with the shower head install. He THANKS you for your comments and says he understands what you were saying.
jdstrubel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:00 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
My current Montana came with the single lever. My previous 5er was a Cougar with the double knobs. I removed them and the box that stuck out few inches. I bought a piece of Starboard at my marina to cover the whole and installed a lever flush with the shower wall.
Okay, I like the idea of removing the box that sticks out.... this is why I come to the experts when thinking about a project for the DH. This also addresses what JEFF64 mentioned about being aware of the lever versus the knobs - the lever may stick out alittle further - but if the box is eliminated that may help that issue. Thanks for sharing! Debbie
Old 07-12-2018, 09:03 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdstrubel View Post
Okay - here is an update. I had e-mailed the mfg and this is there response. Have not gotten to talk with DH yet to see IF HE UNDERSTANDS all this?

"Dura Faucet would not recommend changing the direction of the faucet because with the water line pointing up helps prevent water back flow. Our diverters have an anti-siphoning valve in them, also our shower wands have a trickle switch (meaning in the off position a little amount of water will still trickle out), and there usually is a shower ring (DF-SA155) that should be used. Basically what “could” happen is if the sprayer is laying in the tub while in use with water in the tub there could be a siphon and “dirty” bath water could be siphoned into the clean water holding tank. If you have 1 of the 3 things above; anti-siphoning valve, water trickling out of the water, or shower ring creating a loop, water will not siphon into the clean water."

Thoughts?

4x4FF - thanks for the information - we will see if we can find what you found on Amazon - THANKS! We LOVE videos...

Debbie
Found the review on Amazon - I will share with DH... Thanks for letting me know about that. Anything we can learn before a project is MOST HELPFUL when we go to do the project. Thanks SO MUCH! Debbie
Old 07-12-2018, 09:18 PM   #25

I was going to get a single handle faucet because my dual handle controls are way to easy to bump but after seeing the mixer valve that @strigflag posted I'm thinking about going that route.
4x4FF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:15 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigflag View Post
Attachment 179296

Attachment 179297

Attachment 179298
Let me know if you have any questions
Bob

Very nice work, and I appreciate the follow up and the pictures! Looks like a very clean install. I have to see what kind of access I have behind the wall that the faucet is on. It might be the main hallway so I may just have to do it all from the inside, I guess that's what you did so maybe it's not a big deal. Just for the idea of backing it up with some plywood inside it seemed like access from behind to inside the wall would help.
I wish we had a corner shower like that, we were looking at a trailer with that and it was a big selling point because i'm tall and it seemed to be roomy and have the least amount of extra height off the floor.

-Jeremy
Travel Pooch:Sophie the Sato - Cats: Rhody and Hazy
2018:22nights / 2019:31Nights / 2020:18Nights
Mr Towed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:43 PM   #27

I installed the Dura. I like it, but DW doesn't. She says she hits it with her body and changes the temperature. But she hasn't complained enough that I need to remove it - LOL

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:26 AM   #28
Site Team

I really like the looks of that thermostatic valve. I may have to replace the one I just installed.
Old 07-14-2018, 10:28 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Yes single lever with output on the Bottom is the correct way to install,especially come "Winterize Time"! We also added a ball shutoff valve at the bottom outlet then attach the hose,that way you can reach down and turn off the Flow with one hand while holding the shower head! As said make sure the lines connect to the proper "H/C"! Youroo!!
Can you tell me what shutoff valve you bought?
TommySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 10:31 AM   #30

Can you put this on the hose side that's connected to the faucet?
TommySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 03:07 PM   #31

Well after reading this thread several times and doing some online research I have decided I'm going to do @Strigflags mod. This is about the best idea I've seen. Not sure if I'm going to have to replace the shower bezel or not. It will depend on the room behind the wall and unfortunately my 5er isn't here right now. This is the only thing I've found that's even close to something that would work. Shower Faucet Bezel. I'm pretty sure I'm going to need the extra room. I can't seem to find that bezel (wider and without pre cut holes) anywhere else than from the Manufacturer. I'll call Monday and see if they will sell just one.
4x4FF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 07:22 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4FF View Post
Well after reading this thread several times and doing some online research I have decided I'm going to do @Strigflags mod. This is about the best idea I've seen. Not sure if I'm going to have to replace the shower bezel or not. It will depend on the room behind the wall and unfortunately my 5er isn't here right now. This is the only thing I've found that's even close to something that would work. Shower Faucet Bezel. I'm pretty sure I'm going to need the extra room. I can't seem to find that bezel (wider and without pre cut holes) anywhere else than from the Manufacturer. I'll call Monday and see if they will sell just one.
This faucet looks nice and seems like a good idea, but thermostatic mixing valves can be very temperamental or inoperative after a relatively short time. It depends a lot on the hardness of the water, the temperature of the incoming hot water and the quality of the valve.

I recommend that, while this faucet is still available and still on the market, you purchase a couple spare thermostatic mixing cartridges and a couple spare volume control cartridges so you have them when you need them. It may be very difficult or impossible to find these parts in a year or two. Don’t be surprised if the parts cost more than the faucet, so if they do, just buy a couple more faucets, then you will have any part you could possibly need. With the low cost of this faucet, you can’t go wrong.

Bruce

Tags
faucet, show, shower