Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2014, 11:57 PM   #21
Site Team
 
asquared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 10,373
That will tell you the weight of what you put in but not the true tongue weight or how the wdh is actually affecting the truck. I learned awhile ago that adjusting by measurements never gave me a good setup. Adjusting by weights got 3 different tv dialed in perfectly for me.... well the first one was not enough TV for the tt but the other two were perfect. But it is your rig, your white knuckle experience. I can only give advice based on experience.
__________________

__________________
<a href=http://i62.tinypic.com/28rp645.jpg target=_blank>http://i62.tinypic.com/28rp645.jpg</a>
2014 Crew Cab Chevy Silverado 3500 4wd Duramax/Allison
2014 Sabre 34REQS-6
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 09:00 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
wicked1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Manahawkin
Posts: 2,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
That will tell you the weight of what you put in but not the true tongue weight or how the wdh is actually affecting the truck. I learned awhile ago that adjusting by measurements never gave me a good setup. Adjusting by weights got 3 different tv dialed in perfectly for me.... well the first one was not enough TV for the tt but the other two were perfect. But it is your rig, your white knuckle experience. I can only give advice based on experience.


I do appreciate what you are telling me and I may need to do that, I am thinking of going 5th wheel just because they are easier to tow but I appreciate every word you have said and my truck has a capacity of 11,200 lbs so it has plenty of power just think WDH is not right but we will see


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________

__________________
2016 F350 Supercew Short Box 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
2015 FR Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
wicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 09:08 AM   #23
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
If you have P rated tires on the tv, that might be a prime contributor to your sway problems. Pump them up to the 44# max and see if that helps. Otherwise, you will have to switch to LT LRD or E tires.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 10:06 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
wicked1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Manahawkin
Posts: 2,219
Thanks I have to look to see what tires are on there but do most tires require 60psi?


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
2016 F350 Supercew Short Box 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
2015 FR Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
wicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 11:26 AM   #25
Site Team
 
Kaadk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
I do appreciate what you are telling me and I may need to do that, I am thinking of going 5th wheel just because they are easier to tow but I appreciate every word you have said and my truck has a capacity of 11,200 lbs so it has plenty of power just think WDH is not right but we will see


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

A fifth wheel will be a lot more taxing on the trucks payload than a travel trailer, so watch your pin weights if you do go this route.

I think getting the right WDH setup is the right first step. Since changing to the right link, and adding the second anti-sway sway bar I've eliminated most sway issues. The trailer might still bounce once in a while on a particularly bumpy road, but usually a quick hit of the trailer brakes takes care of that in my case.




Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
__________________
There's no use crying over spilt milk, unless it's on your keyboard.
Kaadk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 11:41 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
I do appreciate what you are telling me and I may need to do that, I am thinking of going 5th wheel just because they are easier to tow but I appreciate every word you have said and my truck has a capacity of 11,200 lbs so it has plenty of power just think WDH is not right but we will see


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
It is time to change this Post to a (5th wheel) by his own choice! I just wonder how those P rated Oring tires are going to work out on a 5th wheel? Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 11:47 AM   #27
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
Thanks I have to look to see what tires are on there but do most tires require 60psi?
All P rated tires have a max pressure of 44# I do believe.
__________________

__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
50 amp, f150, sway

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16 PM.