Old 09-06-2015, 01:25 PM   #1
Fantastic Fan

We have a silverback 2014 33rl. We keep it 5 hours from our home. Right now we are only using it for vacations and long weekends. When we leave to go home, we leave the fantastic fan in the kitchen on so it can pull some of the Fl heat out. Our neighbor just told us that he thinks the fan was running during a rain storm. I thought the fans were rain sensitive. What would keep the fan from closing? Thanks in advanced.

jlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 01:47 PM   #2
We have the same fan. I have notice mine close during the rain and other times it does not. The water has to hit the rain sensor just right. There is 2 contractors that the water has to touch to complete a circuit and close the lid. Other times it does not close cause, the wind is blowing the rain away from the sensor, or the sensor gets dirty and needs cleaned. I would advise you to close it while you are away.

2014 cedar creek 36ckts
2014 Chevy 3500 1 ton crew cab 4x4 long bed.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

cfiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 01:49 PM   #3
I would put a maxx air vent cover on it just to be on the safe side
iceblaze580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 03:12 PM   #4
I've found Fantastic Fan has excellent customer support. Might want to try contacting them???

Maxx Air vent covers cannot be used with Fantastic Fans with automatic lids like yours. The lid will be either fully open or fully closed... Maxx Air covers won't allow the lid to fully open. They also restrict the air flow with FF's.

Ultra Breeze vent covers are designed for Fantastic Fans which I use but my fans don't have rain sensors so the lids are manual but even with these covers the lid will open fully but it still butts up against the cover.

Personally.... I do not rely on any sensor to work flawlessly when I'm not around so I would, like cfiowa suggested, leave them closed when not there.
2014 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 LTZ CCLB DRW D/A - Transfer flow 40 gallon Toolbox/Tank Combo - Line X - Edge Insight

2015 Palomino Sabre 33CKTS - Platinum Edition - Progressive Industries EMS HW50C - JT Strong Arm Stabilizers - Ground Control 3.0
RubyDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 03:46 PM   #5
Thank you for your advice. Will definetly close the fan. Too much of a investment
Old 09-07-2015, 03:52 PM   #6
We can't put any type of vent cover because our satellite dish is there. So we will be closing the fan.
Old 09-07-2015, 04:08 PM   #7
Georgia Frog Rally 2017
Good Idea. Don't like leaving things running while not on site for a long period of time. Who know short may get hot catch on fire. Later RJD

2015 35 FT V-Lite 30WRLIKS Diamond Package
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2015--46
Days booked for 2016--60
Days camped in 2016 so far 51
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote