Old 06-15-2016, 06:02 AM   #31
I used to use 5 gallon jugs...when I was much younger. Now I use 2, 50 gallon water bladders with a 12 volt pump. One bladder is the CW one and it fits between the 5th wheel and the Tgate.The other is a oblong one and it fits in front of the 5th wheel. I have an 8ft box so it works for me. We dry camp a lot so having the extra water is great. We also have navy showers to help save water. I used to use a hard 50 gal container and used an air compressor to move the water. I also adapted the 5 gallon containers to be used with the air compressor. Where there's a they say.

Pipeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 06:46 AM   #32
Ha ha...nope sure did not spray my yard first. I tell ya it works great, the easiest thing I have found. For gals this is the way to go!!!
Attached Images

TSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 06:59 AM   #33
Site Team - Lou
When we boondocked for the winter in Key West with our trailer I made a fresh water tank adapter out of the cap of a 5 gallon water bottle and a long piece of vinyl tubing. The bottle with the handle molded in the side worked best to keep a grip on it while the bottle was inverted and gravity fed into the tank.

The slower feed was a pain, but since we needed to carry the water a hundred yards or so it made all of the water usable in the tank by not gushing out of the vent too soon.

I put a small air hole to regulate the fill rate. I started small and opened it up to just the rate I needed.

If we kept going back I really like the crop sprayer "re-purposed" to water buffalo. Just finding room for it in the short bed truck would be a problem for us, though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3024.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	199.3 KB
ID:	111168   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3027.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	228.5 KB
ID:	111169   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3028.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	233.3 KB
ID:	111170  

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 07:00 AM   #34
Originally Posted by TSB View Post
Ha ha...nope sure did not spray my yard first. I tell ya it works great, the easiest thing I have found. For gals this is the way to go!!!
Ill bet it works Great,,, I have one like that on wheels I use to spray our lawn,,, I know they are not cheep,,, and with our Sunseeker I guess I would have to sleep with it ???

Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote

fresh water, tank, water, water tank