Old 06-12-2011, 10:48 PM   #11

Before we moved into the fifth wheel we had a 21 foot hybrid and traveled much more to sites that did not have central water. We carried 2 five gallon water jugs with us that we could fill up at the local water point.

I did a mod to my water system where I use the open ended hose for winterizing and use it to suck from the 5 gal jug. In order to do this I created a bypass with a short piece of pex tubing, inline valve and two tees. The bypass is tied into the suction of the trailer's water pump and the discharge feeds back into the suction line to the water holding tank on the upstream side of the isolation valve.

Kind of hard to describe. If you want I can send you a pic or a sketch. Works awesome and you're not having to hold up a jug and pour into the hole on the outside of the trailer.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:02 AM   #12

Send a message via Skype™ to stevo
We have one of these works great with no lifting!
New World Mfg - Portable RV Fresh Water Tank: 45 Gallon - Pumps & Tanks - Camping World

Old 06-13-2011, 08:09 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post
Before we moved into the fifth wheel we had a 21 foot hybrid and traveled much more to sites that did not have central water. We carried 2 five gallon water jugs with us that we could fill up at the local water point.

I did a mod to my water system where I use the open ended hose for winterizing and use it to suck from the 5 gal jug. In order to do this I created a bypass with a short piece of pex tubing, inline valve and two tees. The bypass is tied into the suction of the trailer's water pump and the discharge feeds back into the suction line to the water holding tank on the upstream side of the isolation valve.

Kind of hard to describe. If you want I can send you a pic or a sketch. Works awesome and you're not having to hold up a jug and pour into the hole on the outside of the trailer.
Welcome Sapper. It would be awesome if you could attach the pic to this thread (using the little paperclip button above) or PM me with the pic. I'm interested in what you described here.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:51 PM   #14

I've attached a sketch. Hope it makes sense.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 20110620164211693.pdf (195.9 KB, 68 views)
Old 06-20-2011, 08:06 PM   #15

first time using it, i bought a brand new rubermaid trash can, a battery operated waterpump from lowe's and a 13 foot hose and i bungie cord the can to the back corner of the truck, fill it up with water and drop the pump into it and it pumps it right into the camper. just back up close enough so the hose will reach. works great and it is fairly inexpensive and easy to do. hopefully this helps