Old 10-06-2018, 09:01 AM   #1

First long road trip...

My husband and I have had our TT for 4 years now and only camped locally. Well, after the DH kicked cancer to the curb we head out in one week to Myrtle Beach for a week (we are in Atlanta). We are beyond excited for our first road test to prepare us for more adventures!

becca4vols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 09:09 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca4vols View Post
My husband and I have had our TT for 4 years now and only camped locally. Well, after the DH kicked cancer to the curb we head out in one week to Myrtle Beach for a week (we are in Atlanta). We are beyond excited for our first road test to prepare us for more adventures!
Great news congratulations. Grab life by the horns and enjoy every moment . Life is to short to take for granted!

robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 10:02 AM   #3

Just "Rock On". I beat cancer back in 2007 and it gave me a whole new perspective on life.
Old 10-06-2018, 06:58 PM   #4

My father always told us to travel while you can because crap can happen at any time. My wife had a stroke when she was 42 years years old. I bought an older Toyota RV because she thought maybe she could travel again with the convenience of having an on board bathroom. She never used that bathroom because it was small but having it gave her the confidence to hit thee road again. We took 5 trips in 5 years with that RV and have since transitioned to travel trailers with bigger bathrooms. She absolutely loves it. We have been taking 4 or 5 week trips now since retiring early to enjoy life. Once she hit the road again, her attitude about life really turned around and she keeps trying the things that she used to do. Camping has changed our lives again.
BarabooBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 07:46 PM   #5

Good for all of you! Good for all of us! The two of us have more "-ologists" than we have sense or money! But we hit it somewhere for 200+ days a year. Some trips are great. Some are just ok. All are wonderful. Even made a friend or two along the way, although they always seem to "live somewhere else".......lol. 11 weeks before we leave again. Seems like forever.

Rock on, y'all!

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 01:21 PM   #6

Atlanta ~ Some great places there like Brunswick and the islands. Don't pass on Savannah either. Florida is close as well. You are in a good location other than he traffic and constant road destruction.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 04:44 PM   #7

Thank you for sharing! Yours is one of the best posts I have read in a long time!! Good luck and Happy Trails to you both!
Villagerjjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 05:19 PM   #8

When you hit the road in your RV, understand that there will be problems, issues, forgotten or broken stuff.

When this happens, smile and tell yourself this is just part of the adventure.

It isn't really an issue. It's just a leaning experience for when it happens again.

Enjoy learning about fixin' stuff and learning where to get help, like on this forum.

Once you've fixed it, make some notes if it was a little tricky, so when it happens to someone else, you can help them get the smile back on their face.

Enjoy your trip and enjoy life!!!
Old 10-08-2018, 10:52 AM   #9
Tundra 2014

Trip

I recommend Savanna and Creekfire Motor Ranch RV park. This park is about 15 mi. from the historic district, fairly new w/ a great pool and nice lake w/ a walking trail around it. They even have good SOT kayaks, Wilderness System Tarpons for rent. We stayed @ site #80 which backed up to woods. There is a lot to do there and the squares are cool. Food tour was very good also. The Bonaventure Cemetery is amazing,go early and take a tour. Soul Sisters of the New South restuarant in the area of cemetery is a reasonable priced southern buffet, w/ very good southern cooking. A lot of history in the area. Also, very good state parks in the area. Tripadvisor has a lot of ideas for the area.
Tundra 2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 05:26 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca4vols View Post
Hope all goes well for you. Be aware MB took a pretty good storm hit with another possible hit this week. Good idea to call ahead Happy travels. 👍👍

pdqparalegal1 is offline   Reply With Quote