Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2013, 11:28 AM   #21

I was up on Minnesota's North Shore a couple of weeks ago and when I was hooked up and leaving a gentleman hailed me to stop and told me my antenna was up. I then found an app checklist (RV Checklists) for my iPhone that I can now just check off steps in order and bringing down my antenna is one of them.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:35 PM   #22
BnD

Thank you everyone for all the tips!! We are only going 30 minutes away so if we forget something it won't be too far. We do have a water regulator and all that jazz so i think we are set. We did do a mini camping in the driveway but didn't hook up any of the water or sewer which is what i am most nervous about now hopefully this campground we are trying out is nice!
Planned camping days for 2013 - 24
BnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:36 PM   #23
BnD

And i have an Android and found the search function, just wasn't looking in the right place at first i guess lol
Old 06-13-2013, 06:17 PM   #24

Being a newbie myself, I think you are getting great advice here and I'm soaking it up! I hope your trip goes without a hitch! Or with one that's well set up...
Norm
Nammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:33 PM   #25
Resident Masshole

Funny enough, my wife asked me earlier today why I was taking a picture of a mod I did in the camper, and I said "Someone on FRF needs help!"

Just paying it forward.
Nights camped in 2014: 8
Nights camped in 2013: 30
force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:38 PM   #26
BnD

Quote:
Originally Posted by force View Post
Funny enough, my wife asked me earlier today why I was taking a picture of a mod I did in the camper, and I said "Someone on FRF needs help!"

Just paying it forward.
We don't have a power awning so this helps a lot! I am printing it out so we can reference it when setting up THANK YOU!
Old 06-13-2013, 07:01 PM   #27
Resident Masshole

EDIT: I've added this as step 0 in my post above

Anytime!

One other note, since I can't go back and edit my steps, before you extend the vertical poles, take note of what hole position they are in so you can return it to the same spot.

Mine has a little set pin on each side, but I found I had to change it from where the factory position as they left 2 open holes (which I'd never remember). I moved it so only a 1/2 hole is exposed. When I put everything away, the vertical pole drops all the way down to hit the pin, then I lift it a tiny bit until it clicks into the next hole, and voila, good to go.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130613_195822_776.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	33071  
Nights camped in 2014: 8
Nights camped in 2013: 30
force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:03 PM   #28
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by force View Post

Just paying it forward.
Whenever I take out my iPad to take a pic...my DH says....taking that for your FROG friends? It's so funny....cause I usually am!
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:02 PM   #29
BnD

So... the first camping experience... overall, it went very well We did forget a few things (sheets for the bed, sandwich maker, hot dog sticks) but nothing we couldn't live without (even though I did make the hubby go back home and get the sheets since he forgot them and sleeping on a mattress with the comforter that came with the camper wasn't the greatest). We did realize that we need longer then a 15’ sewer hose but didn’t bother getting one that weekend, I am actually picking one up on Friday (a 10’ extension) and that we want the snake thingy (sorry, don’t know the proper name) to hold it at an angle. Good thing we read on here how to dump our tanks (and about bringing gloves), everything went very smooth in that department.

One thing we need to figure out is why our AC wasn’t working. It was blowing air but it never got cold (it wasn’t super hot out either, maybe in the mid-high 70’s). We are thinking maybe a plug came undone? When we did our walk-thru, it was ice cold in the camper when we turned it on. So before our next trip in 2 weeks, we need to get that fixed since it’s going to be A LOT hotter now.

We are planning on going back to the same campground (Camp Lord Willing in Monroe, MI) since it was very nice and peaceful and minimal children running around (no offense but we prefer an older crowd when camping). We really liked the set up; we were right on a canal and had a blast feeding all the fish and ducks. Nice swimming pond that felt like bathwater and just a real laid back, quiet, relaxing atmosphere. Also, the restrooms and showers were very nice (we didn’t shower in the camper, weren’t really sure how to get hot water, need to read up on that next) so we were grateful that they had nice showers.

@Force, you were a LIFESAVER on getting the awning down. Had your step by step directions up on my phone and followed them to the “T” with no problems, a HUGE THANK YOU!

I am going to try and upload a few pictures. Don’t mind the B&W images; I didn’t realize my phone was on B&W! Our camper really is in color J

Note: can't get pictures to upload, will be looking for instructions on that and than I will be back to edit and add pics
Old 06-26-2013, 02:35 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnD View Post
One thing we need to figure out is why our AC wasn’t working. It was blowing air but it never got cold (it wasn’t super hot out either, maybe in the mid-high 70’s). We are thinking maybe a plug came undone? When we did our walk-thru, it was ice cold in the camper when we turned it on. So before our next trip in 2 weeks, we need to get that fixed since it’s going to be A LOT hotter now.
Look closely at the small levers on the thermostat. One of the positions on many air conditioners is "fan only". No plug to come undone since you had power to the unit. If it was ice cold recently, sounds like a simple setting was not right.

2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS Travel Trailer
2012 F150 EcoBoost (HD Payload & Max Tow)
Doering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:36 PM   #31
BnD

Hopefully these pictures worked!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camper 1.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	34034   Click image for larger version

Name:	camper 2.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	34035   Click image for larger version

Name:	camper 3.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	34036   Click image for larger version

Name:	camping.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	34037   Click image for larger version

Name:	camping 2.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	34038  

Old 06-26-2013, 02:38 PM   #32
BnD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doering View Post
Look closely at the small levers on the thermostat. One of the positions on many air conditioners is "fan only". No plug to come undone since you had power to the unit. If it was ice cold recently, sounds like a simple setting was not right.

We tried every setting combination possible and still could not get it cold. we are going to get the camper this weekend (we have to keep it at a storage place) and bring it home to mess with it more.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:51 PM   #33

You gotta get the hot water working too! There should be instructions on the hot water heater when you access the unit from the outside. Just make sure you have pressurized the water system and the hot water tank fills with water.

PS Sweet camping spot!

2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS Travel Trailer
2012 F150 EcoBoost (HD Payload & Max Tow)
Doering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #34

Glad you had a good time, you can't be too far from us , haven't tried that CG as of yet, usually go to Haas lake if around home about 35 minutes the other way [north of us]. It's strange for us due to this is the first year camping without kids in tow even though now grown they will stay the night once in awhile if school and work permits.
2014 nites booked 10
Truth B Towed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:12 AM   #35

I love reading on this thread...lots of info for us! We are taking out our TT 5 hours away for our first trip. Kinda nervous. We had a popup before and now it's a Salem 26tbud. Not worried about packing just setup of sewer and water! Thanks for all of the hints and tricks! Keep 'em coming!
ajoneal2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:41 AM   #36

I'd be a whole lot more concerned about leveling and stabilizing the unit than the sewer/water connection!
Duramax/Allison
Full timers since 5/30/2013
OL Creeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:21 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnD View Post
So... the first camping experience... overall, it went very well We did forget a few things (sheets for the bed, sandwich maker, hot dog sticks) but nothing we couldn't live without (even though I did make the hubby go back home and get the sheets since he forgot them and sleeping on a mattress with the comforter that came with the camper wasn't the greatest). We did realize that we need longer then a 15’ sewer hose but didn’t bother getting one that weekend, I am actually picking one up on Friday (a 10’ extension) and that we want the snake thingy (sorry, don’t know the proper name) to hold it at an angle. Good thing we read on here how to dump our tanks (and about bringing gloves), everything went very smooth in that department.

We are planning on going back to the same campground (Camp Lord Willing in Monroe, MI) since it was very nice and peaceful and minimal children running around (no offense but we prefer an older crowd when camping). We really liked the set up; we were right on a canal and had a blast feeding all the fish and ducks. Nice swimming pond that felt like bathwater and just a real laid back, quiet, relaxing atmosphere. Also, the restrooms and showers were very nice (we didn’t shower in the camper, weren’t really sure how to get hot water, need to read up on that next) so we were grateful that they had nice showers.

@Force, you were a LIFESAVER on getting the awning down. Had your step by step directions up on my phone and followed them to the “T” with no problems, a HUGE THANK YOU!

I am going to try and upload a few pictures. Don’t mind the B&W images; I didn’t realize my phone was on B&W! Our camper really is in color J

Note: can't get pictures to upload, will be looking for instructions on that and than I will be back to edit and add pics

Trying that CG this weekend, about 30 minutes from our house. Just wanted to get the TT out and they had some opeings.
2014 nites booked 10
Truth B Towed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:19 PM   #38

Send a message via AIM to King Yankee Send a message via Yahoo to King Yankee
Been 30years since we went camping. Bought a 2007 Lexington 300 S/S and first trip was awesome. Biggest comment I have taken to heart is to take our time. Enjoy reading everyones comments and am amazed of the number of first timers. Thanks to all of you for letting us in your family. Hope to meet some of you this winter in Nokomis Florida.
King Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote