Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2007, 03:36 PM   #1

Flush King

Plan to pick up a flush king for the new TT. Check it out here

http://www.campingworld.com/browse/s...g/skunum=20522

Heard it is a good investment to easily flush out your tanks from time to time. Question, does anyone have one of these and like it... and assuming you use it and then rinse it off, where do you store it? Seems like you would not want it just lying around wet and it would not fit in the bumper like a hose... so could you just get a small clear plastic storage container, poke a few holes in the lid to allow air flow for drying and store it in there ?? Thanks
Old 11-13-2007, 03:51 PM   #2

I have one and like it. I store mine in an old soap bucket after I rinse it off. Gets plenty of air to dry that way.
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:50 PM   #3

http://www.campingworld.com/browse/p...sh/prodID=2096

we have the hydro flush
same deal but a bit less $$ and doesnt have the big black valve.

we use it often and for storage, we rinse it well and store it in a ziplock bag
in the bsement in our plastic "SEWER" stuff box, latex gloves, heavy rubber gloves, hand soap, paper towels.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:34 PM   #4

I liked it until I added the quickie flush.

I still use it but not as much. Store it in a rubbermaid container with my black water supplies after a good washing.
MRimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:23 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

I also was interested in the Flush King but was also looking into a permanently mounted flush mechanism such as Toronado or Quickie flush. Is one better than the other? If you're using a Toronado or Quickie do you need a Flush King?
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Monica View Post
I also was interested in the Flush King but was also looking into a permanently mounted flush mechanism such as Toronado or Quickie flush. Is one better than the other? If you're using a Toronado or Quickie do you need a Flush King?
I installed the Tornadoe tank rinser in our ROO (Very easy to do) and have never had any problems with the sensors not reading right in the black tank. I am not sure if the flush king is able to shoot water right into and back of the tank. I installed mine in the middle of the tank so it will get all around.

Some TT have the enclosed underbelly so they would not be able to use the tornadoe and flush king would be their best bet.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to have both? mmmmm

MrSen

Night's camped in 2010 36
MrSen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Monica View Post
i also installed a tornado thingy for the galley tank because its always reading 3/4 when its empty
i was SHOCKED at what was flushed out the first time i used it, never imagined that much grease had built up

the blank tank has a flusher installed from the factory an dit works real well,
but i will say running water back up into an open tank has produced some OMG howd that get in there looks from dw so we use em all in concert to get the tanks clean before each trip and about once a week when we sit in one place.
powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 12:19 PM   #8

Send a message via Yahoo to MaxRock
I agree with powerboatr...

I bought a flush king w/ my old TT. The dump valve was set up so it shot water directly into the black tank and kept it clean.

On my WildCat, the plumbing is all over the place. I still use the FK to assist in refilling/flushing the 2 gray water tanks. I installed a Tornado in the black water tank and it does well. I'm thinking of installing a second Tornado in the galley tank.

MaxRock

'02 Chevy 2500HD 415k miles as of Dec-18
DMax/ZF-6 Speed, CCLB, 0-70-110 HP VA Tuner, 5" exhaust, H2 Tires/Chrome Wheels (315x70-17),
B&W GN hitch and 5th Wheel Companion, BrakeSmart Brake Controller
MaxRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:06 PM   #9

I have a dual flush pro by camco. is it ok to leave connected inline at all times or do you only connect when rinsing/cleaning/draining before pack up

also, what kind of plastic storage boxes have you found good to stor the waste cleanup fittings in, my storage access doors are 10 x 29 and slide access doors are 10 x 35

thanks

phil
wildwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:11 AM   #10

I had the Hydro Flush. As stated looks similar without the valve. Used it in my previous trailer. After removing the skin from underneath of my previous trailer for repair I noticed how long of a shot it was and that their was also an elbow before it went into the black tank. After I saw that I didn't use my Hydro Flush anymore. Currently I pass a hose to the wife through a window and she fills up the tank. I have a 45 degree clear elbow connected between the hose and trailer so that I can tell when the water is running clean after filling and releasing. I am tempted at installing a Tornado or Quickie but would like to see it installed first before I do anything to my tank.

2013 Camping Days: 22
2012 89 2011 50 2010 61
OregonCamper's Pics click here
OregonCamper is offline   Reply With Quote