Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2018, 07:22 PM   #1

Ford Trailer Sway Control (or TSC) system

I'm just wondering if anybody turn's off their Ford Trailer Sway Control (or TSC) system or any other auto maker who puts this on there trucks . I use a friction sway controller which helps to keep a trailer from swaying {active} where the ford sway control will apply the rear brakes if it detects some kind of sway even if you are not hauling a trailer {passive}
what I have been reading turning this off in the system will help improve fuel mileage I just did this so I don't know yet. I also read on some of the newer trucks it defaults to on every time you turn your truck off I have a 2010 F150 and it stayed in the off position when i restarted the truck.
alillico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 07:56 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alillico View Post
I'm just wondering if anybody turn's off their Ford Trailer Sway Control (or TSC) system or any other auto maker who puts this on there trucks . I use a friction sway controller which helps to keep a trailer from swaying {active} where the ford sway control will apply the rear brakes if it detects some kind of sway even if you are not hauling a trailer {passive}
what I have been reading turning this off in the system will help improve fuel mileage I just did this so I don't know yet. I also read on some of the newer trucks it defaults to on every time you turn your truck off I have a 2010 F150 and it stayed in the off position when i restarted the truck.
If this sway control kicks in I think it is way too late.

I could see the argument that it saves gas milage because it simply applys the trailer brakes but if your TSC is active that much to impact gas milage you need a much better anti-sway system.

I had a blueox swaypro. There was some debate about the two systems conflicting but never had mine go off that I knew of and I had some uncomfortable sway before upgrading to a propride.

I have always left mine on but don't think it has even gone off.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 08:09 PM   #3

My Sway-Pro manual says to turn the trucks sway control off as the truck and WDH will fight each other if sway occurs.
modemem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 09:10 PM   #4

Leave it turned on. If fords sway control turns on your hitch is not doing it’s job. It has to be very bad before the ford system engages.

If you have doubts of this and your truck is capable of it. Pull up the trailer status when driving. It will show brake gain and application. You won’t ever see it turn on unless you hit the brakes or the cruise control hits the brakes.
quicky06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford, sway, trailer