Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #1
Old Member

Send a message via Skype™ to mikey
FR Warranty versus Lippert Warranty

Just reading over FR warranty & some interesting facts jump off the page. FR only warrants the RV coach, only the parts they made, relying on the component Mfgrs to warrant those items they supplied. The chassis is specifically excluded in FRs warranty. This seems to explain frustrations with the warranty process so often referenced in these forums.

Don't get me wrong, I fully expect the trailer mfgr (Forest River) to take the lead when any problem arises in one of their products. That leadership should take the form of coordination with suppliers whenever the warranty spans FR/Supplier lines. For FR to say "it's not a FR issue" must be followed with "we will coordinate the warranty claim with 'our' supplier"

That is my take, I sure there are others out there
Old 08-11-2012, 02:38 PM   #2

The Warranty that I have just read includes axles, suspension, tires and what they call the frame even as far as the mattress and everything else not manufactured by them. With saying that, I have a 5er and not a class A.
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:03 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Really no different than a house.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:21 PM   #4
DDC

They can slip and slide all they want the product is made to go on the highways so it must meet the safety specifications.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:31 PM   #5

Lippert has a warranty?
bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:23 AM   #6

Complete BS.

If Ford sources a relay from an outside supplier they don't expect you to deal with that supplier under warranty terms.

When a contractor builds a house, you don't deal with the floor register heater manufacturer when there's a problem, the contractor replaces it.

People should know that when you buy and RV, you're buying from an industry with poor ethics and will duck their accountability at every turn.

Pass the buck as much as you can until the customer gets completely fed up and just goes away.

The current RV industry is probably the worst market segment I've ever seen for owning up to their responsibility for their products.

Shame, shame on them all....

2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlight 831RLBSS "Atrium slide"
Husky Centerline Hitch
2016 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew, Lariat Sport, Max Tow package
great white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:53 AM   #7
Site Team - Lou

No argument from me, but this is industry common practice.
Not defending (indefensible), but true none the less.

I HAVE found that calling the item manufacturer directly has yielded exceptional results. I have had occasions to talk to Al-Ko, Dometic, and Flair and in almost every case, my complaint or question was handled immediately and to my satisfaction.

The single exception was Carlisle Tires. Whose product I will never knowingly buy.

Most have involved parts which were mailed right out free or at very low cost even though I was WELL out of warranty in many cases. Flair sent me a new and improved electric inflation mattress for half of what Wal-Mart sells a Coleman Queen for and without inflator. Al-Ko sent rubber centers for my hubs priority mail free. Etc.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:49 AM   #8

Strongberg sent me SS pins & springs for our (Lend A Hand)s when the Fac.ones rusted,N/C. Dometic replaced anti roll out parts that fell off,N/C. Lippert & F/R did nothing about the (LCI) space face looking tounge jack. Trail X Tires (Trailer Trash Tires) developed large bubbles developed on the sidewalls,we were 1070 miles from home,had a spare. Called the (800)# on the tire and they sent us a tire UPS and payed the return UPS.N/C. Just a few examples of (Small) things that we have had. Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:53 AM   #9
DDC

Lou I agree that you can get good service if you are able to get hold of the right person, but I think the real query here is a manufacturer producing a product made of many components ( like all cars and trucks are today) but shirking their responsibility to look after the customer of the end product, can you imagine going into you car dealer and he tells you you need an oxygen sensor, but, he tells you there are six suppliers so YOU have to call them and ask for warranty coverage.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:28 AM   #10
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDC View Post
Lou I agree that you can get good service if you are able to get hold of the right person, but I think the real query here is a manufacturer producing a product made of many components ( like all cars and trucks are today) but shirking their responsibility to look after the customer of the end product, can you imagine going into you car dealer and he tells you you need an oxygen sensor, but, he tells you there are six suppliers so YOU have to call them and ask for warranty coverage.
Yup. You did read the first two sentences, right?
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:43 AM   #11

There was lots of parts needed when F/R dealer replaced our F/W tank .Tank-tank heater pads-fittings-ect. All supplied by diffrent Companys. One call did it all,F/R dealer! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:47 PM   #12
Old Member

Send a message via Skype™ to mikey
WarrantyMax problems start at the mfgr level. Dealers being on the front lines & depend on our repeat business. Mfgrs tend to put too much faith on the dealers who need mfgr support if the warranty is to be viable. The coach mfgr must bear responsibility for its suppliers and be in the forefront to make it all work.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:58 PM   #13

We have had our Grey Wolf for 1 1/2 years, The axles went bad on it. Lippert would not cover the axles, FR did because I paid the $150.00 for the second year warranty. Lippert has been having alot of problems out of their stuff, wonder why they are still in business....
2 Beagles (Snoopy & Dexter)

Big Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:01 PM   #14

Well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by great white View Post
Complete BS.

If Ford sources a relay from an outside supplier they don't expect you to deal with that supplier under warranty terms.

When a contractor builds a house, you don't deal with the floor register heater manufacturer when there's a problem, the contractor replaces it.

People should know that when you buy and RV, you're buying from an industry with poor ethics and will duck their accountability at every turn.

Pass the buck as much as you can until the customer gets completely fed up and just goes away.

The current RV industry is probably the worst market segment I've ever seen for owning up to their responsibility for their products.

Shame, shame on them all....

Took the words right out of my mouth. Once your check goes through, you're just a customer number!
Mike St-Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote