Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-16-2017, 01:38 PM   #1

FR3 Overhead bed magnets

Bed over front seats...2016 FR3 magnets holding bed to ceiling will not hold. They did at first but all of a sudden, bed drops down without warning. We've had it for for almost a year, made successful trip from coastal SC to St. Louis without issues prior to this happening. Any suggestions? THANKS! (dsniel71)
dsniel71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 08:28 PM   #2

I had a similar problem with the overhead bed in our FR3. It didn't fall down but it rattled and vibrated, very annoying right above your head while driving. The service department said it was adjusted as tight as it would go. I ended up making two support brackets with rubber feet. That solved the problem.
Gary Heeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 07:56 PM   #3

My husband cut two pieces of wooden closet rod (I stained them to match the wood), put rubber cane bottoms on each end and we keep one on each side. Make sure it is a tight fit and they stay in place until we need to use the bed. Problem solved. We've had them in place for two years.
Skgust is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, fr3