Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2012, 03:47 PM   #41
Drinkin beer on the beach

I haul all my wastewater back home to dump there. I had a 4 day trip where we did fill both waste tanks to capacity... I was taking 3 showers a day and not really trying to conserve anything, anywhere. But, I work for a living, so even 2 day camping is sometimes hard to come by.
Rod Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:55 PM   #42

Grey and black capcity is what I have on the camper. I may get hammered for this but I have drained grey water on the ground, never black. I dump the tanks when I get back to town at a city facility. I am 50 miles from the nearest town and this is boondocking at its finest. There are no developed campgrounds where I am camping. No sound of traffic even in the distance. Most of the time you will be lucky if you see another person all weekend. The stars are so bright it looks like you could reach out and grab them. You learn to stretch things out when you camp here. Dishes and general washing is done by the campfire. We drink bottled water and minimize toilet use when possible. If you forget something at home you do without. Cell phone service is very limited at best. This is my type of camping.

Nights camped 2012 - 35
Nights camped 2013 - 46
rkswyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:15 PM   #43
Drinkin beer on the beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkswyo View Post
Grey and black capcity is what I have on the camper. I may get hammered for this but I have drained grey water on the ground, never black. I dump the tanks when I get back to town at a city facility. I am 50 miles from the nearest town and this is boondocking at its finest. There are no developed campgrounds where I am camping. No sound of traffic even in the distance. Most of the time you will be lucky if you see another person all weekend. The stars are so bright it looks like you could reach out and grab them. You learn to stretch things out when you camp here. Dishes and general washing is done by the campfire. We drink bottled water and minimize toilet use when possible. If you forget something at home you do without. Cell phone service is very limited at best. This is my type of camping.
That's how I like to do it, too. I walk out of my trailer, past the campfire and go shooting. I expect to get on my quad and ride for 6 hours and not see another soul.

I hear these guys complaining about generator noise, dust from people sweeping, loud music, kids and dogs barking. I don't want to bother anybody, and I don't want to be bothered. I dump my fresh water every time for the drive back, and I have dumped the gray. I have this little out of the way spot about an hour from the nearest freeway and 30 minutes from the nearest road. The scrub brush out there around my campsite is really doing well. Next year it might be tall enough to block some of the wind.
Rod Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:58 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkswyo View Post
Sounds like some real camping!

Rod: I hear you on the working for a living it sucks. Luckily I get paid vacation time afforded to me and I dont take that for granted as some others might.
Nights camped in 2014 = 19
(2013 = 36)
(2012 = 42)
JFM-jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:58 AM   #45

I hear you guys about working I rarely get two days off the same as the DW so we like to camp anytime we can even if for only one night. I Magine from what I have read I could just take 1/2 tank fresh and be frugle with it for a 1 night camp.
(2012 nights camped:10)
Jiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:36 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by RvBill3 View Post
There are RV friendly truck stops/gas stations like Flying J/Pilot that have water available as well as dump stations (for a fee) and Rv fueling lanes that are easy in and out. If you are a Good Sam member you can apply for a charge (not credit) card that gives discounts on dump fees and cents off per gallon of fuel. Also does not have $100 limit so you can fill tank without multiple swipes of the card.
Do you mean Sam's Club Member?
Found my answer.....not Sam's club.
hellodonny14 is offline   Reply With Quote