Old 04-01-2016, 10:50 AM   #11
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
Its not the propane detector because the furnace ran when the tech hooked it up to the coach propane and his own power, unless the LP detector shuts power down to the furnace?
You're right I think....I did not catch the part about him hooking it back up to the coach propane...with external power.

2015 Georgetown 280DS
2014 Vespa LX150 2014 StellaAuto 125
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 11:00 AM   #12
Originally Posted by bouellette View Post
I purchased a 2006 Georgetown XL new in 06. It currently has 14,000 miles on it. I took it out of storage and attempted to turn the furnace on but the fan would not kick in. I put new batteries in the coach but the furnace will not come on. The air conditioners and the high/low fans work. I called a technician who came out. He checked the fuse panel as well as the thermostat but could not get the furnace fan to start. He pulled out the furnace and put it on his work bench. He hooked up an alternate source of power and his own thermostat along with his propane supply. The furnace fan came on and the furnace started. He checked connectors and other wires and put the furnace back into the coach and tried it again but the furnace did not come on. He then hooked up his own power with thermostat but with my propane and the furnace worked. He told me he did not have power going into the furnace. He tried a new thermostat but the furnace still does not come on. Help!
Sounds like you lost power . that's where you start . verify power to furnace . then use t/stat if no good cross t/stat connection at furnace . this will tell you if t/stat is bad or take a ohm reading of t/stat .

northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote