Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2008, 02:44 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 72
Generator

Just Wondering If Anyone Who Camps Where There
May Not Be Power Availabe,what Size Generator Would
Be Good For Normal Usage Of My Tt?
Possibly Eu3000?
__________________

__________________
HOWIE BEDELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 03:16 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 104
If your just going to use the TV;water pump; furnace; lights; microwave; and not the air conditioner a small 1000-1500 k should be enough. The air conditioner uses a lot of power and then you would need close to 3 0r 4 K. The Hondas are the quietest and are fuel efficient. Make sure you get one with a couple of outlets(circuits) so you can plug in more than one cord.
__________________

__________________
Crossfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 04:10 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 35
I saw that Cabela's had a 3500 watt generator for 350 bucks. Shipped to my door it quoted out at 410ish. It is a Champion branded one that I have not really heard of. Looks like a pull start only but if a guy was "roughing it" without power maybe you could pull the cord a few times. Anyhow here is the link advice would be great!! http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...ator&noImage=0

-Tim
__________________
twakefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 04:18 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Rockinwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Central California
Posts: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by twakefi View Post
I saw that Cabela's had a 3500 watt generator for 350 bucks. Shipped to my door it quoted out at 410ish. It is a Champion branded one that I have not really heard of. Looks like a pull start only but if a guy was "roughing it" without power maybe you could pull the cord a few times. Anyhow here is the link advice would be great!! http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...ator&noImage=0

-Tim
My Starter went out on my Honda, pulling isnt so bad, as long as it starts
__________________
2007 Rockwood 8317ss Reese Dual cam sway, 2002 Ford Excursion XLT V10,Prodigy Brake controller
Married DW 03/15/97 3 kids
Rockinwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 04:21 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
TWhaylen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 24
I had been watching that same generator on Cabela's and I think last week they had it down to $299!! Wish I had grabbed one then because I am needing one that can do everything and run the microwave and A/C at the same time. This generator can do that. Now if I wanted to run them at different times I could go down to a 3,000Watt but for the price that Champion sure looks good!!
__________________

2005 Surveyor SV234
2004 F-150 Supercrew Lariat / 5.4L / 3.73 Gears
Reese Friction Sway
Voyager Brake Controller
WD Setup
TWhaylen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 04:25 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Rockinwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Central California
Posts: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWhaylen View Post
I had been watching that same generator on Cabela's and I think last week they had it down to $299!! Wish I had grabbed one then because I am needing one that can do everything and run the microwave and A/C at the same time. This generator can do that. Now if I wanted to run them at different times I could go down to a 3,000Watt but for the price that Champion sure looks good!!
Found this one free shipping


http://www.generatordepot.us/index.a...FQgmawod60WbwQ
__________________
2007 Rockwood 8317ss Reese Dual cam sway, 2002 Ford Excursion XLT V10,Prodigy Brake controller
Married DW 03/15/97 3 kids
Rockinwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 04:29 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
TWhaylen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKINWOOD View Post
That looks nice with an electric start AND the wheel kit is included on that one but how reliable is that brand I wonder?

** Did you see that newer version that is available Mar. 5th??**
__________________

2005 Surveyor SV234
2004 F-150 Supercrew Lariat / 5.4L / 3.73 Gears
Reese Friction Sway
Voyager Brake Controller
WD Setup
TWhaylen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 04:35 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Rockinwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Central California
Posts: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWhaylen View Post
That looks nice with an electric start AND the wheel kit is included on that one but how reliable is that brand I wonder?

** Did you see that newer version that is available Mar. 5th??**
I am not sure on reliability as I have a Honda, but this unit come with a year warranty, I did not see that newer version, it looks pretty nice, I wonder what the price will be?
__________________
2007 Rockwood 8317ss Reese Dual cam sway, 2002 Ford Excursion XLT V10,Prodigy Brake controller
Married DW 03/15/97 3 kids
Rockinwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:34 AM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 35
I just do not know if I really need a generator. I like the unit from cabelas because I know they will stand behind it. It would be nice to have in case of a bad storm knocking out power (in my little town of 600). I could plug in the RV and stay in there instead of the house without power LOL!!!

-Tim
__________________
twakefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:53 PM   #10
Member
 
gofast!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 32
I have the champion generator. I have used it three times and it has worked great.....No problems. It is loud and heavy though
__________________

__________________
2008 Forest River 8313SS

2002 Chevy 2500 HD 6.0 L
gofast! is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:07 AM.