Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2012, 11:41 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
trudinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsgtivr6

Trud, I think its more for your own kids doing it. I know plenty of kids that like to just play with things without asking (my son included, hasn't done it....yet) that would be playing and think "hmm what is this?" and pull the handle a few times. I was already working on a fix for just this issue, lol.

EDIT: Read Here for some of these exact stories Dump station tips, tricks and mishaps.
Never thought of the kid aspect. But then again, I don't have kids. You can bet the farm that if I did, they would be threatened with grounding for life if they touched the dump valves! LOL.
__________________

__________________
2012 Rockwood 8293RKSS
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins Turbodiesel 4x4; 2012 Ford Escape 4x4. 3 very pampered cats.
Days camped: 2011: 61; 2012: 66 Days; 2013: 69;2014: 68 2015: 90 Days camped 2016: 34
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:04 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
MilCop4523's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: In a big child free home - except for me
Posts: 1,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by trudinator View Post
I really have never heard of anyone having this issue. I'm pretty sure the campgrounds we stay in don't have a gang of marauding teens/adults pulling on dump valves.
No most campgrounds have the respect - however while travelling on the road and pulling into huge truck stop areas where hundreds of people come and go - the last thing I want is an environmental spill because some indivudual thought it might be funny to uncap and pull.
__________________

__________________
09 Sundance 31.5 XLT Bunkhouse
17 Greywolf 22rr Toy Hauler
and
The new toy hauler - 2016 Ford F150 Supercrew XTR ECOBOOST.
MilCop4523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:06 AM   #33
Senior Member
 
MilCop4523's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: In a big child free home - except for me
Posts: 1,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by trudinator View Post
Never thought of the kid aspect. But then again, I don't have kids. You can bet the farm that if I did, they would be threatened with grounding for life if they touched the dump valves! LOL.
Not the type of grounding kids get today either. The type we got that meant something...

No "go to your room and don't play listen to your Ipod, talk on your cell phone, or play your Xbox live or PS3 and do not .
__________________
09 Sundance 31.5 XLT Bunkhouse
17 Greywolf 22rr Toy Hauler
and
The new toy hauler - 2016 Ford F150 Supercrew XTR ECOBOOST.
MilCop4523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:49 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
Cmmjmoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Southeast TX
Posts: 144
I enjoyed the information about treating your holding tanks. The part about complaining about kids not so much. Maybe we need a thread for complaining and criticizing separate from the valuable tips and tricks. Oh No! I think I am complaining. Sorry
__________________
2013 SP 240 Anniversary
Tundra CrewMax 5.7L in Pyrite Mica
Clark, Mary Jane & Max our German Short-haired Pointer
(2011-42)
Cmmjmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:08 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
MilCop4523's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: In a big child free home - except for me
Posts: 1,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmmjmoore View Post
I enjoyed the information about treating your holding tanks. The part about complaining about kids not so much. Maybe we need a thread for complaining and criticizing separate from the valuable tips and tricks. Oh No! I think I am complaining. Sorry
No... that is called Critiquing.
__________________
09 Sundance 31.5 XLT Bunkhouse
17 Greywolf 22rr Toy Hauler
and
The new toy hauler - 2016 Ford F150 Supercrew XTR ECOBOOST.
MilCop4523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:10 AM   #36
itch'n to road trip
 
campnqueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Georgia Mountains-Jasper GA.
Posts: 907
WARNING: Beware of WHAT type of black tank odor prevention treatment you use!

Normally we use "Odolos" (love it). We ran out and went to Wally-mart and purchased something else..think it was TST? Well anyway... when we added the Calgon.. it turned to sludge! CLUMPED!! Was a real bear to flush out our tank and make use it was good and clean. Mix it together BEFORE you put it in your holding tank, to make SURE you do not have an issue such as ours.
__________________
2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4 "Mae West"
2014 Work & Play 25ULA "Ula"
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight & Valor
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:40 AM   #37
Senior Member
 
trudinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by campnqueen View Post
WARNING: Beware of WHAT type of black tank odor prevention treatment you use!

Normally we use "Odolos" (love it). We ran out and went to Wally-mart and purchased something else..think it was TST? Well anyway... when we added the Calgon.. it turned to sludge! CLUMPED!! Was a real bear to flush out our tank and make use it was good and clean. Mix it together BEFORE you put it in your holding tank, to make SURE you do not have an issue such as ours.
Why would you use black tank odor prevention treatment with the Geo method? The Geo method is designed to ELIMINATE the need for expensive chemicals. No odor treatments needed in my black tank at all.
__________________
2012 Rockwood 8293RKSS
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins Turbodiesel 4x4; 2012 Ford Escape 4x4. 3 very pampered cats.
Days camped: 2011: 61; 2012: 66 Days; 2013: 69;2014: 68 2015: 90 Days camped 2016: 34
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:28 PM   #38
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by trudinator View Post
Why would you use black tank odor prevention treatment with the Geo method? The Geo method is designed to ELIMINATE the need for expensive chemicals. No odor treatments needed in my black tank at all.
Ditto, No odor control needed for us either.
__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:33 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Amarillo/Tx
Posts: 380
If you will also use DAWN dish soap in the kitchen it will help cut the grease off the sensors.
__________________
Tbonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:36 PM   #40
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Vidor, Texas
Posts: 9
We go to the port a potty place and by the blue chemicals for port a potties and it is $15.00 for a gallon and only uses 3 ozs. This is a wonderful chemical and will hold in the hottest of weather. In Texas we get real hot. I have been camping for three weeks at a time and no smell. Just a FYI.
__________________

__________________
vduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:52 PM.