Old 03-28-2016, 06:49 AM   #61
Site Team
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
When last I towed in NY, (which does have EZ Pass), I still needed to go through the "truck" lanes because they did not have axle counters installed in the approach.

Once you pulled up to the toll taker, the operator just keyed in your axles/weight and waived you through (charging your EZ Pass).

Only cars can use the designated EZ Pass lanes in NY for that reason unless there has been a big change recently.
Sept 2015 we towed our rig from KY to Bar Harbor Maine and back.
(don't mean to be obvious about that "and back" part! We took a different route on the way back...)
I wanted to get my EZ Pass transponder in WV but they only sell them at
the court house?? Just paid my toll with cash and got one in Hershey PA since they sell them at grocery stores there.

I don't remember if we went thru all attended lanes in NY or not. If I did it was purely by accident as I didn't know about any lane restriction for trailers. I believe we were charged correctly...... in fact I'm pretty sure I did go thru the EZ Pass only lanes because they usually had the shortest lines or no line at all....

You can add KY to the EZ Pass state list pretty soon. They are finishing two bridges over the Ohio River at Louisville and crossing them on I 65 will be a toll. I believe they start charging late 2016 or some time in 2017.
These bridges won't have any toll plaza at all. Either you have a transponder or they snap your license and mail you a bill. Of course if they mail you a bill there will be "handling charges" as billing will be done by a contractor and they've gotta get their cut.

The I 64 bridge will remain toll free.

Dan & Rita D
2004 5.3L Silverado 1500 ext. cab 2WD
1999 Suzuki Intruder Motorcycle
Blue Ox WD hitch, AirLift load levelers

Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41,
2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-38
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote