Old 05-31-2015, 01:27 PM   #11
Probably should get a cover

As to getting a cover for your RV. Save your money. After having had 2 blow off and rip to shreds in two years, Total loss $660. I have tried to secure them with additional cordage and have tried to repair them. I'll just stop paying $260 to $400 a pop. It doesn't seem to matter the brand nor the fabric, they 've both been irreparable junk.

Oldtimer1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 03:10 PM   #12
Originally Posted by RandyLee View Post
How did you safely remove them? Would like to do the same with my Sunseeker.
Most of mine came off with the hose when I was washing after my last trip. The rest of them I started with a razor blade on one edge then peeled off.

2011 Rockwood 8285WS
2012 F150 SuperCrew Ecoboost HD payload
Curt 20K Q5 Slider Hitch
Jimcam22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 04:27 PM   #13
If all else fails.....get yourself to the International FROG Rally in Goshen, IN. and let the factoy folks replace them. I promise thay do GREAT work.
2010 Salem LA 292FKDS
One of the Original 14 F.R.O.G.s
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 08:10 AM   #14
First time replying on this site.

Same problem with decals on my trailer (2006 5th wheel). FR couldn't supply new ones, price for new ones from others was ridiculous, the spread of quotes was triple the lowest, and painting quote was way out of my price range.

Took a piece of each colour (3) of decal to local auto supply store and purchased matching colours in spray cans. Then followed the steps:

-removed entire decal with air heat gun (easy)
-removed glue with "goo gone" and razer scraper (time consuming)
-masked around edge of decal with painters tape which is still slightly visible (easy)
-covered overspray area with news paper (easy)
-1 coat of primer and 3 coats of automotive spray paint per stripe (easy)

Looks great ! Can't tell the difference between the painted stripes and remaining decals. About $20 for materials for 8 ft stripe and 3-4 hrs time.

Much cheaper than any other quote that I received.

I do each decal as it peals.
johnnyslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:45 PM   #15
Mine were cracked and nasty. I removed them by parking it so the sun hit the decals on an 80 degree day. A good bit pulled off, while some required a plastic scraper that I moved slowly under the decal. It was really not too bad. I cleaned up the remaining adhesive with denatured alcohol which was the worst part of the job.

I'm going to leave it bare, I do not want to have to remove the decals again in a couple of years.

2007 Chevy Couchman Freeloader
klspahr is offline   Reply With Quote