Old 02-13-2015, 12:45 PM   #11
One of those "flat tire ramps" - trade name: Trailer-Aid. Few years ago, had 2 blowouts in the same trip. Got real good at changing flats on the highway in a hurry. I felt I was ready to join the RV NASCAR pit crew.

NCBBA11043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 01:07 PM   #12
As I have a heart condition , I kinda upgraded my jack and "lug wrench".....I use the small (knee high) bottles of nitrogen with coiled plastic hose w/quick coupler ,air/hydraulic jack , 1/2" impact and a box of deep set impact sockets........all but the nitrogen can be bought at Harbor Freight relatively cheap........Saved my bacon and "ticker a couple of times........once was in the middle of nowhere Wyoming , where like has been stated Roadside Assistance was ???????? hours away

47chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 02:58 PM   #13
All excellent suggestions------erring on the side of safety. Hope about a couple of battery lanterns for boondocking or campground blackouts?
greymedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 03:25 PM   #14
Safety first

Where are you guys camping? Do you not have Emergency Road Service and cell phone with a back up battery! Some of these items...absolutely...but I see a lot of you guys getting into horrid situations trying to jack up a 40 ft rv...or change tire, etc
Be safe...don't travel in adverse conditions, be well rested...and have allowed enough time to get to your destination safely.
psgrandpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 05:51 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus
Wow, some more great suggestions!

I'm not a big fan of jumper cables so I have one of those Black and Decker rechargeable jumper things. I've actually used it a couple of times and was surprised at how effective they are.

My primary reason for doing this is for our cross-country trip we're planning for this wife is even wondering if we should buy an extra spare tire so I'll be checking on that.
Rick & Karen
(Retired USAF, MSgt)
Monument, Colorado
5-year Travel Trailer RVers
2013 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2904SS
2014 Toyota Tundra Maxcrew SR-5 TRD 4x4
ColoradoRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 05:57 PM   #16
Make sure not to overload the thing with gear
My wife keeps saying I don't listen to her -Or something like that?...."My advice has no basis ,more reliable them my own meandering experience" Baz Luhrmann
2011 Sierra 355QBQ 1986 F350
Mojojojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 06:02 PM   #17
Mine is a 40' Sanibel ,tv Ram 3500 ! ! IF you have ever traveled I 25 in Wyoming you would understand about the desolation and time factor of getting roadside assistance.... , but yes we do have roadside assistance plus the expensive tire warranty program , my most "horrid situation" was from another RV , a big coach that didn't move over an inch , even though the lane was completely clear. No problems with the 18 wheelers , a few cars and pick-up just moved over a bit
47chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 06:19 PM   #18
Carry a spare set of bearings Could be packed in grease in stored in a baggie.
Terry and Janet
2008 3001W Windjammer
2007 Ford F150
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 09:27 PM   #19
I learned the hard way, many years ago, that my hydraulic jack would just disappear into the soil, or hot asphalt, when trying to lift my truck! I now always carry 2 2x8's 24" long to place under the jack. I have not had to use them in a very long time, got them anyway. That kit sounds great, I am going to inventory mine soon. Thanks
FordHauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 09:51 PM   #20
In addition to most of the above, I carry spare bulbs for the camper tail/break/marker lights plus extra fuses.

Sirsea is offline   Reply With Quote