Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2011, 10:42 AM   #1
camping
 
tentcamper1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Elkhart, Indiana
Posts: 988
hose filter washer

I was getting my water hoses sanitized and replaced the screen/filter washers with new ones. it is amazing how much debris these stop from getting into your water system. wanted to pass on this simple and inexpensive tip to those who don't use these washers.
Attached Images
 
__________________

__________________

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
tentcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:06 AM   #2
Member
 
brentnrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Taylorsville, Utah
Posts: 54
Thanks for the tip!!!

Brent
__________________

__________________
2010 Wildwood 22FBCE
2010 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 5.7L Hemi
Equal-i-zer 1000/10,000lb Hitch
Tekonsha Prodigy P2 Brake Control
brentnrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:45 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 752
In campgrounds the water that you get is not always the best filtered one like at your home. Sand debris and all kind of craps are present. If you use the whole filter cartridge filter that comes with all forest river products you will see that in some campgrounds this expensive filter cartridge will get clogged very quickly and reduce your water pressure to next to a trickle. It is better to use a cheaper cartridge instead. And no we never drink the water from campgrounds. We bring water in bottles.
__________________
capucine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 02:02 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by capucine View Post
In campgrounds the water that you get is not always the best filtered one like at your home. Sand debris and all kind of craps are present. If you use the whole filter cartridge filter that comes with all forest river products you will see that in some campgrounds this expensive filter cartridge will get clogged very quickly and reduce your water pressure to next to a trickle. It is better to use a cheaper cartridge instead. And no we never drink the water from campgrounds. We bring water in bottles.
????
__________________
campfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 03:48 PM   #5
Member
 
Ehlendt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Athens, AL
Posts: 56
Send a message via Skype™ to Ehlendt
Quote:
Originally Posted by capucine View Post
In campgrounds the water that you get is not always the best filtered one like at your home. Sand debris and all kind of craps are present. If you use the whole filter cartridge filter that comes with all forest river products you will see that in some campgrounds this expensive filter cartridge will get clogged very quickly and reduce your water pressure to next to a trickle. It is better to use a cheaper cartridge instead. And no we never drink the water from campgrounds. We bring water in bottles.
I've got a 2010 FR Salem 26TBUD. I'm not aware of there being a water filter in the line. You sure they come on ALL FR models?
__________________
John & Johnna
2005 Tahoe Z71
2010 Salem 26TBUD
Reese WD Hitch
"Get busy living.....or get busy dying."
Ehlendt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 04:10 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
kalik282's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Medina, Ohio
Posts: 307
Ehlendt,
The inline Water-PUR filter system is not standard on all FR models.
(And, according to the FR site, it is not included on the 2011 Salem line.)

John
__________________
John & Nicole
2004 Ford Excursion 6.0L 4x4
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Nights Camped: '06=122 '07=12 '08=18 '09=10 '10=18 '11=28 '12=16
kalik282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 07:16 PM   #7
itch'n to road trip
 
campnqueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Georgia Mountains-Jasper GA.
Posts: 911
hhhhhhmmmmmm? We use a Camco inline water filter ... you can buy at Wal-mart.

Walmart.com: Camco Water Filter, 2 Pack: Automotive

We also so use a PUR water filter pitcher (also so from Wal-mart) for our drinking water, ice cubes and coffee maker....and the water tastes just fine from where ever we go.

Walmart.com: PUR 2-Stage 7-Cup Flavor Options Filtration Pitcher #CR-5000: Appliances.

We may try some for these hose washers just to make the inline filter last longer.
thanks for sharing.
__________________
2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4 "Mae West"
2014 Work & Play 25ULA "Ula"
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight & Valor
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:39 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 752
Ehlendt: The filter I am talking is the one that is built in on the water supply line inside the trailer . I am surprise that your model dont have one because all the rockwood models have one. It is basically the same that you can buy at Home depot or others hardware stores. It is called the whole house filtration filter. I always use a filter like Tentcamper1 is using on my water hose also.
__________________
capucine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 01:38 PM   #9
Member
 
Ehlendt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Athens, AL
Posts: 56
Send a message via Skype™ to Ehlendt
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalik282 View Post
Ehlendt,
The inline Water-PUR filter system is not standard on all FR models.
(And, according to the FR site, it is not included on the 2011 Salem line.)

John
Thanks for confirming, kalik282.
__________________
John & Johnna
2005 Tahoe Z71
2010 Salem 26TBUD
Reese WD Hitch
"Get busy living.....or get busy dying."
Ehlendt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 01:40 PM   #10
Member
 
Ehlendt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Athens, AL
Posts: 56
Send a message via Skype™ to Ehlendt
Quote:
Originally Posted by capucine View Post
Ehlendt: The filter I am talking is the one that is built in on the water supply line inside the trailer . I am surprise that your model dont have one because all the rockwood models have one. It is basically the same that you can buy at Home depot or others hardware stores. It is called the whole house filtration filter. I always use a filter like Tentcamper1 is using on my water hose also.
I use a screen as well on the hose, but I do not have an in-line water filter on my 2010 model.
__________________

__________________
John & Johnna
2005 Tahoe Z71
2010 Salem 26TBUD
Reese WD Hitch
"Get busy living.....or get busy dying."
Ehlendt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 PM.