Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2013, 01:42 PM   #1
Member
 
Patches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 91
Household Flush Toilet

Assuming you had the room, has anyone installed a regular, house hold flush toilet in their RV? My Thetford is going on 8 years old. No problems as yet, but like everything else, RV things do wear out. I am aware of the possible weight issues. I know the water supply could be hooked up. Just contemplating the future.
__________________

__________________
"Full Timer" with "Boon Docking" in the desert southwest being my drug of choice. Well, that and really cold beer.
Patches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:46 PM   #2
Site Team
 
dcheatwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches View Post
Assuming you had the room, has anyone installed a regular, house hold flush toilet in their RV? My Thetford is going on 8 years old. No problems as yet, but like everything else, RV things do wear out. I am aware of the possible weight issues. I know the water supply could be hooked up. Just contemplating the future.
Concerned about a tank and bowl full of water sloshing down to road. And the vibration on the tank-bowl connection. They do put em in park models but those are made to leave parked.
__________________

__________________
2018 Forester 3011 DS

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:52 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: X
Posts: 2,781
Even the low-flush ones are going to drop a lot more water into your black tank than a RV toilet does.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:16 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Ford Idaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 9,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
Even the low-flush ones are going to drop a lot more water into your black tank than a RV toilet does.
True, but in a full service park that would be a non issue.
A dual flush toilet would cut down on the water used.
__________________
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:47 AM   #5
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 22,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
True, but in a full service park that would be a non issue.
A dual flush toilet would cut down on the water used.
For someone who "boondocks as his drug of choice," I would say it would be a move in the wrong direction...
__________________
Lou, Laura, & Freya the wonder dog
2008 GMC Sierra 3000HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2019 Flagstaff 8529FLS - Pullrite 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:54 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Oakman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Jefferson County, MO
Posts: 5,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
For someone who "boondocks as his drug of choice," I would say it would be a move in the wrong direction...
X2!
__________________

__________________


Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 AM.