Old 03-03-2016, 01:01 PM   #21
Looking Down Range
Join a nudist colony. They probably don't have any issues.

2014 Forester 3051S
2013 Ford Focus
SkipnTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 01:05 PM   #22
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
I just get dressed. Undressed. Whichever is needed for that moment's activities.

I figure if folks want to see two 67 year old folks naked, all they gotta do is ask. I also figure ain't no one on THIS planet gonna ask!

Just remember.........where we used to skinny dip, now we Chunk A Dunk.
You are from the same Era as my husband. I am a bit modest so my "skinny dipping" consisted of flesh tone one piece bathing suit.

As to OP question is I close the curtain and get dressed sitting on the side of the bed. My TT is only 23'. I am a big girl and it works out just find.

Chuck & Denise + Pata a.k.a the campground Gladys Karvitz
He is a picker, photographer, hiker. She is a quilter.
Both big nature lovers.
2015 23BD Grey Wolf, 2012 Chevy Silverado 1500
2015 - 7 nights, 2 trips, 2016 - 2 trip, 24 nights
Life is short
mdstudey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 01:19 PM   #23
Don't Camp Enough
1. Sit on end of bed and put pants on
2. Grab shirt and put it on as you walk to...
3. Dinette or booth to put on shoes and socks.

Hope this helps
'2016 Rockwood 8288WSA
'2010 Tundra

DSMURPHY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 01:20 PM   #24
Originally Posted by ApexBunk View Post
Ya'll are so funny, thanks for the sarcasm.

Ok, so no tips and tricks- no worries. It wasn't like I couldn't get dressed/undressed, it's just not easy. I will continue on business as usual.

Thanks all!
As you can read here, to each his own. Myself, I close a curtain or two depending on the neighbors' locations.

When camping with the grand kids, I make an announcement that I am going to change, they scream, put fingers in their mouths and make gagging noises.
Bob & Michelle
2016 Ford F-250 Lariat 4x4
2015 Grey Wolf 26BH
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 01:22 PM   #25
I pull the curtain, if I have visitors. I'm a female traveling alone w/ my big dogs. I wish I had the black out curtains. The cellular blinds are thin. I have some foam core boards with me, great for keeping excess heat or cold out that I sometimes uses for black out purposes also. Last time out camping a month ago, I was having problems with my satelitte dish and an overly friendly camper next to me was offering to help. After he left I was playing around with the equipment in the cupboard above my coach door. He saw me through the door's window moving around and knocks on my door to ask me what I was doing. This kinda creeped me out. I am now putting my silver windshield style cover w/ Velcro back on my door. This was very squeezed together campsites- too close & no privacy for my comfort.
mtnlvr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 03:18 PM   #26
I don't understand the problem at all. I looked at your rig and had to laugh at all the room. My wife and I sleep in separate beds in an A frame and we have no trouble. Our biggest hassle is stripping the bed to make uo the dinette for eating. Schedule-I get up an hour early and go out for a run or bike ride. When I return my wife is dressed and I do the conversion. I agree with most of the others-nobody wants to see a 75 and 80 year old couple naked. I remember when my young son saw a 90 year old woman stark naked. He screamed "there oughta be a law against that!
royboy334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 03:20 PM   #27
who gets dressed while camping? That's too much like work
2013 Prime Time Tracer 3200BHT
2016 GMC Crew Cab Duramax All Terrain
Ribs in the smoker and Whiskey in hand
RollingDownTheHighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 03:30 PM   #28
Originally Posted by ApexBunk View Post
We have a travel trailer with a relatively small bedroom. Getting dressed either happens in the bathroom- lots of turning and maneuvering to get the job done(its teeny), or in the bunk house where there is a lot of room, or in the living space.

We always have to plan ahead, close all the windows, make sure nobody is going in and out of the camper, etc.

Are there any tips or tricks that folks use to comfortably get changed?

We are considering purchasing the shocks for the bed, as that might give us just enough room to get changed when the bed is in the 'up' position.

I've read some fantastic tips on here so figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.
One leg at the time just like at home; but that's just me.
I'm not shy.
pdqparalegal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 03:50 PM   #29
I usually dress in the living room/dining slide area where there is a bit more room. We camp in the back country so if needed, we could dress outside without any worries and never have to worry about curtains. We don't camp next other people and avoid campgrounds at all costs. We like our peace, quiet, and privacy that only boondocking can provide.
Skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 03:54 PM   #30
I get dressed in my camper, I'm not to modest so don't look if you don't want to see me

2004 Cedar Creek 30RLBS
2015 RAM 3500 DRW 6.7 Cummins
Amateur Radio W5CI
2016 Days Camping 48
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote