Old 03-30-2015, 08:24 PM   #1

How to shovel out your rv (in mass)

I haven't started a thread for a really long time. I am pretty sure my writers block has ended. Maybe because I spent so much time not writing anything for at least a year. If you live in the Northeast, you might be able to drag your camper out of the driveway sometime in early May. Today, I went out and looked for mine. I found it and it is still not accessible. I can see the skid marks and stains from the Frog Rally, but it is still in tact.

Wedged somewhere between my driveway and the trees that thankfully didn't fall on her this winter, everything looks pretty good. The 4 feet of snow on the roof is gone. The snow drifts have subsided enough that the neighbors kids can no longer climb my ladder and jump off into the 8 foot snow drifts. (I'm not kidding). There were times this winter when I thought that I would be putting in an insurance claim. Then there were other days, when I was at my house in Ft. Myers not thinking about camping at all and not caring if it was snowing or sunny and 75.

So, I am getting ready to go camping. I have a reservation for the weekend of April 10 at Normany Farms. It's a spring ritual. Get to the campground Friday night, start a fire, set up, eat some food, drink some beer. The next day we go to Bass ProShops and of course spend some time on Hallowed Ground at "Patriots Place" just outside of the Superbowl Champion New England Patriots, then we go camping again and burn wood, cook meat and drink beer.

So, the point of my story is........... I just spent 2 hours digging out the snow pile in front of my camper so I have a chance to get it out in about a week.

Anybody else digging out? Or planning on visiting the home of the superbowl champions or going someplace interesting on their first trip out camping this year? Hmmmmmm? Anybody???

Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 06:19 PM   #2

I'm with you! Right here in Central Mass.

I too was thinking of going to Normandy Farms for a shakedown on my newly purchased but not picked up Vibe Xtreme Lite. I did a shakedown there on my last RV and it worked out well.

I've been trying to pull down the mounds of snow still piled at the end of my driveway so that I have a chance of backing it into the drive when I get it. I'm going to have to try the Scoop method to get this in...

It would be fun to join you but I'm not sure if I'll be ready by then. Maybe if I make a reservation, it will spur me to get going???

Old 03-31-2015, 07:37 PM   #3

Cznedy, still snowed in as well. Thanks again for the cover from your old tt. It's helped

2006 Ford F150 4.6L
Rrickim63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 07:53 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

No very often I get to say this with someone else having snow or cold, but here goes.
70 and sunny today, camper is coming out of hibernation thursday.

Sorry CZNEDY!

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded, 32bhok Sabre
Old 03-31-2015, 07:58 PM   #5
Site Team

We will be camping at zooland family campground and visiting the north Carolina zoo the same weekend you are getting out. We don't have to dig out but we have to put our stuff back in the trailer since it was emptied for a trip to the factory for repairs.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 12:36 PM   #6

Cool

Central mass here with snow banks on either side about 3-4' deep still. I have business travel so probably not a big deal as our first planned trip is Memorial day weekend. But I have plenty of items to work on and really need it to warm up some.
2017 Days Planned: 135

38FLCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 12:48 PM   #7
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZNEDY View Post
I haven't started a thread for a really long time. I am pretty sure my writers block has ended. Maybe because I spent so much time not writing anything for at least a year. If you live in the Northeast, you might be able to drag your camper out of the driveway sometime in early May. Today, I went out and looked for mine. I found it and it is still not accessible. I can see the skid marks and stains from the Frog Rally, but it is still in tact.

Wedged somewhere between my driveway and the trees that thankfully didn't fall on her this winter, everything looks pretty good. The 4 feet of snow on the roof is gone. The snow drifts have subsided enough that the neighbors kids can no longer climb my ladder and jump off into the 8 foot snow drifts. (I'm not kidding). There were times this winter when I thought that I would be putting in an insurance claim. Then there were other days, when I was at my house in Ft. Myers not thinking about camping at all and not caring if it was snowing or sunny and 75.

So, I am getting ready to go camping. I have a reservation for the weekend of April 10 at Normany Farms. It's a spring ritual. Get to the campground Friday night, start a fire, set up, eat some food, drink some beer. The next day we go to Bass ProShops and of course spend some time on Hallowed Ground at "Patriots Place" just outside of the Superbowl Champion New England Patriots, then we go camping again and burn wood, cook meat and drink beer.

So, th point of my story is........... I just spent 2 hours digging out the snow pile in front of my camper so I have a chance to get it out in about a week.

Anybody else digging out? Or planning on visiting the home of the superbowl champions or going someplace interesting on their first trip out camping this year? Hmmmmmm? Anybody???
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmhudg View Post
I'm with you! Right here in Central Mass.

I too was thinking of going to Normandy Farms for a shakedown on my newly purchased but not picked up Vibe Xtreme Lite. I did a shakedown there on my last RV and it worked out well.

I've been trying to pull down the mounds of snow still piled at the end of my driveway so that I have a chance of backing it into the drive when I get it. I'm going to have to try the Scoop method to get this in...

It would be fun to join you but I'm not sure if I'll be ready by then. Maybe if I make a reservation, it will spur me to get going???
No pics, didn't happen!
Old 04-01-2015, 12:57 PM   #8

I wish it didn't happen..

Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-02-09 14.10.20 (2).jpg
Views:	201
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	72731

Name:	2015-02-10 14.15.18 (2).jpg
Views:	204
Size:	237.7 KB
ID:	72732
2017 Days Planned: 135

38FLCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 01:09 PM   #9

Not as bad but still

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427908133.101222.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	334.8 KB
ID:	72734
Old 04-01-2015, 01:19 PM   #10
B47

81 here yesterday- I heard some home air conditioner units running during my neighborhood walk.