Old 07-27-2010, 05:41 PM   #11
I definitely would have traded the tent for a TT a LOT sooner....

masonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:06 PM   #12
I have learned a lot of thing the past few years while i have been getting into RV'ing.
I started with a to small motorhome. Learned a lot about what I wanted in an RV and had a few very frustrating break downs so I learned I liked the idea of having a TV that can get fixed a lot easier than going to crazy expensive motorhome repair shops.

With seeing both sides of TT against Motorhome both have their good and bad.

I’m only sorry I did not do more renting before I bought but with the prices of renting being what they are I kind of jump in.

I’m happy with my choice now and that is what counts.

11 Mirada 34BH
We travel with two loaded GSD!

San Diego, CA
calebgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:00 PM   #13
Hummm, this is a hard one. I guess there are only two points that I'd do different. Back in 02 when we bought our TV I'd gotten a V8 instead of the V6. And I would have not blown so much money over the years and done this a heck of a lot sooner! Went way to long from tent camping to the PUP to the Hybrid.

Official member of the "Roo Kroo"!
2009 - 4, 2010 - 135
2011 - 95 and counting
skeeterbait8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:30 PM   #14
As far as my new camper, no regrets because we looked for 3yrs and looked at alot of campers and floor plans. But when I first started camping we bought a used 5th wheel and I had no idea what I was getting into, never pulled anything in my life and here I was pulling a big 5th wheel. I would have done more research on trucks,(I had to sell mine it would not pull the camper) hitches( I bought one hitch and then I had to buy a slide hitch) lessons in how to back up,(hit my cab on truck,tore down phone line drape across my drive way twice! had it buried last year so one last headache) But all in all its been a great camping. It would also be nice if some of the big camping dealers would give pointers and driving lessons for new timers. But the main thing is do the research before you jump into camping.
rohlingerrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:30 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by masonga View Post
I definitely would have traded the tent for a TT a LOT sooner....

I know what you mean.
2011 Chevrolet K2500HD w/ Tekonsha P3 brake controller, Husky W/D hitch
2009 Rockwood 2106 Mini-Lite
Nights camped 2010: 21
Nights camped 2011: 17
Nights camped 2012: 8
revrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:37 PM   #16
I probably would have gone straight to the 5th vs a 30' tt for the sake of maneuverability. on the plus side I did play dumb when the dealer told me the cherokee could easily pull this rig... (i actually did know better and had a bigger TV lurking in the shadows). That got my 20 year old truck replaced with a shinny new one after the first trip!

Strategic incompetence, a powerful weapon!

2010 Surveyor SV 291
06 F250 4x4 crew cab PSD
1 DW, 1 purebred mutt, 1 ninja beagle

Nights camped in 2011: 19
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote