Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2015, 10:10 PM   #1

Kitchen Faucet with spray

Recently picked up our new Coachmen Catalina 243 RBS. I want to install (or encourage my husband to install a kitchen faucet with a sprayer in order to fill deep cooking pots with water. Do we use a faucet specifically made for a TT? The tech at the RV dealer suggested buying a faucet at Menards or Loews. Suggestions?

Ford 150 Eco Boost
2016 Coachmen Catalina 243 Banner Edition
Vallgrlx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:17 PM   #2

You can just use standard kitchen fixtures from any ol home improvement center. Just my 2 cents, but I would probably go with a long high neck filler faucet rather than a sprayer. There is generally a lot going on (electrical/plumbing) behind your drawers and cabinets so it can be difficult to find unencumbered space for your hose and weight to pass through when your sprayer is in the resting position.. and they tend to 'snag' a lot when extracted. Look closely for adequate space before installing.

Another alternative would be to use the shower head (indoor or out) to fill your tall pots.
rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:21 PM   #3

The TT comes with a "gooseneck" style, that I want to duplicate 
Name:   ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1425352890.367508.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  26.6 KB

Ford 150 Eco Boost
2016 Coachmen Catalina 243 Banner Edition
Vallgrlx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:21 PM   #4

Our unit came with the (Kitchen RV Plastic pull out spray faucet),we removed it very quickly. We replaced it with a (High rise threaded end Metal American Standard). Lifetime war.and able to screw a Carbon Filter on it and still high enough for large objects to be placed under! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:36 PM   #5

We found a high neck faucet with sprayer from Lowes, about $90 and installed it without the counterweight; been working OK for about a year now..you just have to push it up when retracting the sprayer.
Sirsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:39 PM   #6

I'd certainly replace it with something from a plumbing store, to include the big box stores.

We have a pull out sprayer on ours and it's complete plastic. The handle was a little loose so I figured, just give a turn or two on the set screw. That lasted one trip and the handle ripped off while using it.

I've heard of the plastic breaking so do as Youroo said, get yourself a metal one.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:20 AM   #7

We bought the kitchen and bathroom faucets at HD. Kitchen has a sprayer and had plenty of room for the weight.
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 07:37 AM   #8

Yeah, big box stores will have what you need. Check for sale items. They can save $$.
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 02:49 PM   #9

I changed our kitchen faucet to a single handle pull out type, too. The first one I bought didn't mate with the water supply tubing easily but I found one that worked well. Have your installer look carefully at how the faucet will connect to the existing supply tubing before he/she starts.

The countertop had two holes for the original faucet. I had to cut one in the center for the new one, which was made for a single hole. A cover plate was included with the new faucet to hide the original holes.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faucet