Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2017, 08:22 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron045 View Post
We left Fort Wilderness in Disney on Sunday. Stopped in a campground in GA and instantly realized I left my EMS plugged into the pedestal back in FL.

The kids have really been enthusiastic about camping to include the setup and teardown. I was teaching my daughter how to properly coil the power cord and I pulled it right off the EMS and left the EMS plugged in. By the time we were done I got distracted with another task and completely forgot about it.

I called Disney and they walked to the site and said it was not there. The new people in that site said they did not see it when they pulled in.

I hope whoever has it now and decided not to turn in into lost and found really needed it more that I do.

I think I might replace it with the internal hard wired unit.
That was an expensive lesson to learn.

Ron
Oh man, that stinks. Let us know if you need help with the install on the new hard wired version.
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 08:37 PM   #82

Quote:
We left Fort Wilderness in Disney on Sunday. Stopped in a campground in GA and instantly realized I left my EMS plugged into the pedestal back in FL.

The kids have really been enthusiastic about camping to include the setup and teardown. I was teaching my daughter how to properly coil the power cord and I pulled it right off the EMS and left the EMS plugged in. By the time we were done I got distracted with another task and completely forgot about it.

I called Disney and they walked to the site and said it was not there. The new people in that site said they did not see it when they pulled in.

I hope whoever has it now and decided not to turn in into lost and found really needed it more that I do.

Ron
WoW!! That sux. I know I'd do the same so my routine is to shut the breaker off and pull the EMS. I carry it and drag the anaconda to the past through and then unhook the cord from the 5er as that end goes on the reel 1st. As we change units so often, I prefer the portable.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 08:49 PM   #83

Left a campfire grill at Lake of the Arbuckles a couple of weeks ago. Kind of torqued me off that I did that.
Parrott_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 09:06 PM   #84

Son and I traveling to Montana, stopped at Bozeman for breakfast then hit the road. 6hrs later we were camping at Rock Creek and son realized he'd left his Diabetic kit on the table at the VI in Bozeman. Drove back to interstate...(only place to get cell service) found the number, called the restaurant and spoke with manager. A server cleaning the table after we left saw the kit, looked inside, realized it was important and locked in the managers office. Luckily I had the foresight to pack his extra kit and Insulin, so the manager said he'd keep it locked up until we came back that way. We stopped in 4 days later and the manager on duty knew immediately what we came for and ran and got it for us. I sent a very lengthy letter to the corporate HQ praising the employees at that particular establishment.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 09:34 PM   #85

Quote:

Ron
Your unfortunate experience is why I started with a hard wire - I knew I would leave it somewhere... It was a bit of a pita to install - you need to be a bit of a contortionist!
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 05:50 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
Son and I traveling to Montana, stopped at Bozeman for breakfast then hit the road. 6hrs later we were camping at Rock Creek and son realized he'd left his Diabetic kit on the table at the VI in Bozeman. Drove back to interstate...(only place to get cell service) found the number, called the restaurant and spoke with manager. A server cleaning the table after we left saw the kit, looked inside, realized it was important and locked in the managers office. Luckily I had the foresight to pack his extra kit and Insulin, so the manager said he'd keep it locked up until we came back that way. We stopped in 4 days later and the manager on duty knew immediately what we came for and ran and got it for us. I sent a very lengthy letter to the corporate HQ praising the employees at that particular establishment.
VI = Village Inn ???
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 06:11 AM   #87

Sorry to hear that, I've done stuff like that before. I'm currently working on a checklist so it won't happen again.
Old 08-17-2017, 06:14 AM   #88

Last year while hooking up I tied my dog to the picnic table so she wouldn't get run over. Yep, I forgot Her! She was waiting patiently when I returned. At least I did leave her some water.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SadieLeftBehind.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	427.2 KB
ID:	148495  
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 06:28 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarCreekWoody View Post
Last year while hooking up I tied my dog to the picnic table so she wouldn't get run over. Yep, I forgot Her! She was waiting patiently when I returned. At least I did leave her some water.
SHAME on you Woody !!!
LOL !!!
What Breed is she ???
Old 08-17-2017, 06:58 AM   #90

Quote:
Glad she took you back
Old 08-17-2017, 07:04 AM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
VI = Village Inn ???
Yep ! VI = Village Inn
Old 08-17-2017, 07:07 AM   #92

Sadie was a Lasha Apso mix, a rescue that someone tied to a post in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. She passed on this spring, a valued (and forgiving!) family member. We were fortunate to have her in our life. She will forever be missed.
Andersen hitch
Old 08-17-2017, 07:08 AM   #93

Quote:
Thank god you didn't tie her to the bumper. "Poor thing, probably kept up for a mile or two." ( Cop to Chevy Chase...NL Vacation.)
Old 08-17-2017, 07:17 AM   #94

Quote:
Sadie was a Lasha Apso mix, a rescue that someone tied to a post in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. She passed on this spring, a valued (and forgiving!) family member. We were fortunate to have her in our life. She will forever be missed.
Sorry for your loss,,, we know how you feel !!!
We have a Very Sweet almost 14 year old Lhasa Apso that we rescued about 8 years ago !!! Sue (Molly) is diabetic and has gone blind !!! She is the quietest dog I have ever been around,,, never barks @ anything,,, even before she lost her sight !!! Loves people,,, but also loves hiding spots !!!
Her mother takes very good care of her !!!
Old 08-21-2017, 02:03 PM   #95
King of the Road

Quote:
How could you do that!!???

Wife and kids maybe, but the dog??

2016 days camped = 91, 2017 days camped = 109
Dano1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 05:38 PM   #96

Quote:
Had a Lasha mix, runt of the litter for 16 years. Then came another rescue~~ had Buster 17 years 7 months. Hard when they leave us!
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 05:50 PM   #97

Quote:
I could understand leaving your wife or kid but not your dog. Mercy Man
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 05:29 AM   #98

I added "get the dog" to my departure checklist. Lol
Andersen hitch
Old 08-22-2017, 08:13 AM   #99

Quote:
I added "get the dog" to my departure checklist. Lol
GOOD IDEA Woody !!!
Old 08-22-2017, 08:21 AM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
Thank god you didn't tie her to the bumper. "Poor thing, probably kept up for a mile or two." ( Cop to Chevy Chase...NL Vacation.)
Y'all are NOT right in the head...
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote