Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2015, 04:26 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronCobra View Post

Yeah, I tend to keep some low glow ground facing lights on around the TT just incase i need to go outside I can still see. Also, nothing worse than walking into a HUGE spider web that miraculously formed in 3 minutes between your RV another RV and a bush.....
Oh this is when I start doing the crazy "get that spider outta my face dance" and makes all the neighbors wonder why the crazy old lady next door is break dancin'
Old 08-17-2015, 04:44 PM   #22

My solution , either do the polite knock and request or fine the camp ground host and let them do the dirty work........waiting until the next day does no good
I am a camp host so I know what I am talking about
2012 40' Sanibel
Speed limit 65 , Fords & Chevys , do your best
47chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 05:14 PM   #23

Those with hard sided tt's don't run into the same problem as tenters, pup's and HTT's. Like the OP said, bright lights do shine through our bunks. But, when people are outside and having a good time until quiet hours, lights would be acceptable. I know the LED strip on my trailer are bright enough to steer in a 747. Having low lights, solar walkway lights, even your running lights aren't obnoxious. You wouldn't want me to turn on all my interior lights, would you?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AustinPowers.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	85968  
Old 08-17-2015, 05:24 PM   #24

The only lights that ever bothered me were from those 2 mantle Coleman gas lanterns. Man they were bright and threw the beam sideways instead of downwards. Not many of them around anymore. A couple of years ago the campground was pitch black except for some camp fires. A camper down the road had the flag flying from a high pole and lit from about halfway down the pole, aimed upwards. Old Glory looked like it was floating in the sky. Not much gets to me, but that gave me goose bumps.
2 Old Town kayaks & 2 Boston Terriers - Zoey/Gonzo
Lar & Ruth
CNYCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 06:24 PM   #25

I shut off my lights when I turn in with the exception of my flag light. It is at the top of my pole and shines down on the flag, not terribly bright and to be honest if anyone has a problem with it, oh well.
If others have their lights on I really don't care I could always drink more whiskey.
If others have their radios on, I could always drink more whiskey.
If others are talking loud, well I think you get the point.
That being said i am respectful to my neighbors and hope they will be to me. If there is a real problem I take care of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
meck51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 06:27 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauls Toy Hauler View Post
Why tell us. You should have went over and knocked on that guys door and told him.
^^^Exactly.

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3,295 lb payload cap.
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH, TST 507 TPMS
2021: 35 nights already booked so far
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 06:41 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47chevy View Post
My solution , either do the polite knock and request or fine the camp ground host and let them do the dirty work........waiting until the next day does no good
I am a camp host so I know what I am talking about
What rule are they violating by leaving a light on? Lights don't make noise so it doesn't fall under quiet time. If someone is camping in a campground that has you packed in tight like the pic turbs posted, then you have to expect some inconveniences. I stay away from campgrounds that pack you in like sardines.
I have camped in a tent, pop-up, hybrid and a hard sided TT. I have never had the neighbors lights bother me enough to complain about it. I think some people look for something to gripe about.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
Old 08-17-2015, 06:58 PM   #28

I agree with the lights when required for a purpose and not to be left on when not needed.

I am building a bucket light to save on the high cost of those pesky little propane bottles. I did however spend extra bucks for a led/cfl dimmer,(they can be way bright) it has a remote with an on/off switch. I am using the cfl lights.

When not needed, it is going be be off. If I am not doing surgery, I will be glad to put it out if asked. I bet it will off before you get to my site.
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 06:58 PM   #29
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
So this is radically in appropriate?
Attachment 85949

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "24 nights"
Totally unacceptable. And that guy with the flags flying really annoyed me
2016-(32) 2017-(13) 2018-(20) 2019-0
BombDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 08:30 AM   #30

Get a Life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by howie70 View Post
What rule are they violating by leaving a light on? Lights don't make noise so it doesn't fall under quiet time. If someone is camping in a campground that has you packed in tight like the pic turbs posted, then you have to expect some inconveniences. I stay away from campgrounds that pack you in like sardines.
I have camped in a tent, pop-up, hybrid and a hard sided TT. I have never had the neighbors lights bother me enough to complain about it. I think some people look for something to gripe about.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
I agree! The next thing we'll all complain about is all those "yard signs" telling everyone who we are, where we're from and how lucky we are to be retired and bragging about it! Also, those pesky dogs that bark all night long and then come visiting the next morning to give you a lawn gift. I enjoy someone playing their Pink Floyd CD's over and over (like me). Just enjoy being alive and outside sucking up your children's inheritence!
gfarmcafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 08:46 AM   #31

I have a couple of solar walkway lights I leave out near my RV door. I can't imagine they are more than a couple of watts in brightness. Just enough to be able to see when I step out at night. No way they give off enough light to bother anyone. I agree that really bright lights, flashing strobes, or lasers would be obnoxious and aggravating.
Mtelkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 08:47 AM   #32
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Word

TURBS
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "24 nights"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 09:04 AM   #33

They do it because they can, and of course it's FREE. I will bet you dollars to donuts, their house is as dark as truck stop coffee. Can I watch when you knock on their RV door and he's drunk!
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 09:35 AM   #34

I've only ever had 1 real issue with inconsiderate neighbors and their lights. We were at Ace Adventure in West Virginia last year. Came back to our site after being out for the afternoon and someone decided to pull their camper in backwards (so our doors were facing one another). Left the scare light on all night - would ahve been bad in our current TT but was HORRIBLE in our hybrid. Bunk end looked like we had a Coleman lantern turned on high int here.

Next night they left it on again (mind you they were on the other side of their camper) which was preventing us from being able to enjoy a campfire. A simple "Hey would you mind turning the sun off?" and we had a peaceful evening......

....well as peaceful as you can get with people cutting through your site all night long (turns out there were 3 groups camping together and we were smack dab in the middle of them) - and by cutting through our site I mean coming around the back of our camper and walking across my carpet to get to their friends, putting all of their stuff on our picnic table as if it were their own personal buffet line, and being literally as loud as humanly possible without the aide of a microphone and amplifier.

But I digress ..... I turn my lights off when I turn in for the night and only turn them back on when I have to let the dogs out.

cdangel0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 09:41 AM   #35
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfarmcafe View Post
I agree! The next thing we'll all complain about is all those "yard signs" telling everyone who we are, where we're from and how lucky we are to be retired and bragging about it! Also, those pesky dogs that bark all night long and then come visiting the next morning to give you a lawn gift. I enjoy someone playing their Pink Floyd CD's over and over (like me). Just enjoy being alive and outside sucking up your children's inheritence!
Agree 100% and then the whiners will start complaining they don't like the color of your trailer, then the tow vehicle. Some folks just are not content unless they are "Bitching" about something. Too bad they can't just enjoy what life throws at them and be satisfied with the fact that they are alive and live in a somewhat free country as great as this one!

God Bless and Save the US of A.

p.s. They might even try helping someone else and forget themselves for a minute.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 10:14 AM   #36

Quote:
So this is radically in appropriate?
Attachment 85949

TURBS
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "24 nights"
I like it not to radical to me I think it looks cool. Burn them if you have them.
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 10:22 AM   #37
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mud yapster View Post
I like it not to radical to me I think it looks cool. Burn them if you have them.
[emoji10] one of those might have been mine.

TURBS
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "24 nights"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 10:26 AM   #38
Mod free 5er

Quote:
[emoji10] one of those might have been mine.TURBS
And everyone knows what kind of a guy you are.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 10:26 AM   #39

Quote:
[emoji10] one of those might have been mine.

TURBS
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "24 nights"
I turn my LED running lights on and it gives off just enough light all the way around our 5er and doesn't attract the bugs to much and it looks cool.
I like my awning LED's but they attract to many bugs so I just use the running LED lights.
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 11:25 PM   #40

We will use our LED awning lights, and I will turn on the camper running lights, but only till we turn in for the night. Then the awning lights go off and usually the camper running lights, but sometimes I forget about them. About the only light we leave on at night is the yellow light by the door. And that is on just in case the dog needs to go out with one of us on a leash at night.
paulmac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light