Old 08-18-2015, 09:46 AM   #31

I have a couple of solar walkway lights I leave out near my RV door. I can't imagine they are more than a couple of watts in brightness. Just enough to be able to see when I step out at night. No way they give off enough light to bother anyone. I agree that really bright lights, flashing strobes, or lasers would be obnoxious and aggravating.

Mtelkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 09:47 AM   #32
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Word

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "24 nights"

Old 08-18-2015, 10:04 AM   #33

They do it because they can, and of course it's FREE. I will bet you dollars to donuts, their house is as dark as truck stop coffee. Can I watch when you knock on their RV door and he's drunk!
Old 08-18-2015, 10:35 AM   #34

I've only ever had 1 real issue with inconsiderate neighbors and their lights. We were at Ace Adventure in West Virginia last year. Came back to our site after being out for the afternoon and someone decided to pull their camper in backwards (so our doors were facing one another). Left the scare light on all night - would ahve been bad in our current TT but was HORRIBLE in our hybrid. Bunk end looked like we had a Coleman lantern turned on high int here.

Next night they left it on again (mind you they were on the other side of their camper) which was preventing us from being able to enjoy a campfire. A simple "Hey would you mind turning the sun off?" and we had a peaceful evening......

....well as peaceful as you can get with people cutting through your site all night long (turns out there were 3 groups camping together and we were smack dab in the middle of them) - and by cutting through our site I mean coming around the back of our camper and walking across my carpet to get to their friends, putting all of their stuff on our picnic table as if it were their own personal buffet line, and being literally as loud as humanly possible without the aide of a microphone and amplifier.

But I digress ..... I turn my lights off when I turn in for the night and only turn them back on when I have to let the dogs out.

cdangel0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 10:41 AM   #35
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfarmcafe View Post
I agree! The next thing we'll all complain about is all those "yard signs" telling everyone who we are, where we're from and how lucky we are to be retired and bragging about it! Also, those pesky dogs that bark all night long and then come visiting the next morning to give you a lawn gift. I enjoy someone playing their Pink Floyd CD's over and over (like me). Just enjoy being alive and outside sucking up your children's inheritence!
Agree 100% and then the whiners will start complaining they don't like the color of your trailer, then the tow vehicle. Some folks just are not content unless they are "Bitching" about something. Too bad they can't just enjoy what life throws at them and be satisfied with the fact that they are alive and live in a somewhat free country as great as this one!

God Bless and Save the US of A.

p.s. They might even try helping someone else and forget themselves for a minute.
Old 08-18-2015, 11:14 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
So this is radically in appropriate?
Attachment 85949

TURBS
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "24 nights"
I like it not to radical to me I think it looks cool. Burn them if you have them.
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 11:22 AM   #37
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mud yapster View Post
I like it not to radical to me I think it looks cool. Burn them if you have them.
one of those might have been mine.

TURBS
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "24 nights"
Old 08-18-2015, 11:26 AM   #38
Mod free 5er

Quote:
one of those might have been mine.TURBS
And everyone knows what kind of a guy you are.
Old 08-18-2015, 11:26 AM   #39

Quote:
one of those might have been mine.

TURBS
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "24 nights"
I turn my LED running lights on and it gives off just enough light all the way around our 5er and doesn't attract the bugs to much and it looks cool.
I like my awning LED's but they attract to many bugs so I just use the running LED lights.
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 12:25 AM   #40

We will use our LED awning lights, and I will turn on the camper running lights, but only till we turn in for the night. Then the awning lights go off and usually the camper running lights, but sometimes I forget about them. About the only light we leave on at night is the yellow light by the door. And that is on just in case the dog needs to go out with one of us on a leash at night.

Tags
light