Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2011, 09:30 AM   #1

Long term parking

I plan to get my camper winterized next week.
When I get it back from the dealer, I am going to tow it to our seasonal site and it will sit there for the next 24 months. We will use it the next two years as our lake house. It will sit in a shaded area over the summer so the tires do not get direct sunlight. The area gets a little gravel/sand when it rains so I want to make sure the tires are not buried....

I am think my options are:
-pressure treated wood
-concrete slab
-orange "level" blocks.
I already use some of the orange blocks to level out the right (door) side of the TT. I was think of getting another set of orange level blocks but thought I would see if anyone had a better idea or what outs for the orange leveling blocks.

What is the best choice?
buckeyefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:23 AM   #2

I would use some concrete pavers to park it on, wood will eventually wrot. Then you can use the orange level blocks on top of the pavers to level it out.
BigDTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:18 AM   #3

If it is going to sit for two years (without a chance of moving) and if the CG allows it (I have heard of some CG that don't want to have the appearance of permanent trailers on site), I would get it off the ground, all weight off the wheels. I have never done this but others that have may chime in with the proper procedure. I would think that after two years without moving those tires are going to develop a flat spot.
frankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:41 PM   #4

we have our 30f cherrokee on a perm site from day 1 bought new in march 06 had it delivered to our site from the dealer delivery guy helped me leval it and there its been ever since i tweek it every year usually dont have to do anything to it i have it on 2x12 treated ceader planks 5 ft long and have two stacked one on top of another has vworked great i also have it tied dowc in 6 spots using the turn in anchors it not only has helped when it is very windy but has also stableized it a great deal
j2detroit is offline   Reply With Quote