Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2016, 06:46 PM   #1

long time storage?

In May I purchased a beautiful 2016 Forest River Wildwood 27RLSS. I don't have a truck but the dealer towed it to a safe secure RV storage place for me. Life's circumstances have changed and I don't think I will be able to get my coach out for a long time, like maybe not till next year or even later. I know that my batteries died a long time ago. And I want to get a roof cover, I'm looking for one that covers just the top for now because I go visit her and open the windows when I can. I was getting ready to buy two more batteries and possibly a generator. I know it might seem silly to have bought this beautiful coach to just sit till who knows when so I'm wondering if what I can do while its sitting there. I suppose I should buy tire covers and I'm trying to keep the spiders from making their homes there. What else can I do? I don't want to sell it, anything else I should do for long term storage?
bjgillrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 10:50 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjgillrocks View Post
In May I purchased a beautiful 2016 Forest River Wildwood 27RLSS. I don't have a truck but the dealer towed it to a safe secure RV storage place for me. Life's circumstances have changed and I don't think I will be able to get my coach out for a long time, like maybe not till next year or even later. I know that my batteries died a long time ago. And I want to get a roof cover, I'm looking for one that covers just the top for now because I go visit her and open the windows when I can. I was getting ready to buy two more batteries and possibly a generator. I know it might seem silly to have bought this beautiful coach to just sit till who knows when so I'm wondering if what I can do while its sitting there. I suppose I should buy tire covers and I'm trying to keep the spiders from making their homes there. What else can I do? I don't want to sell it, anything else I should do for long term storage?
I would make sure that the water heater is emptied and all your low point drains. tire covers and an TT cover most of them zip up at the doors so you can still get inside and mess around. i would hire a bug guy to do maintain the area so no critters get in there. and look for a warehouse or pole barn you can store the travel trailer inside long term till life figures its self out.
2017 Nights Camped 75 and counting
2018 Nights Camped 40 and counting[/b]
USMC 2005-2015 OIF OEF
raforan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 02:39 AM   #3
CWG

If you can locate an indoor facility for extended long term storage. Cove all openings that bugs can get in with steel tape and spray rust proofing on as many external parts including the chassis as possible.

Tags
storage