Old 07-12-2016, 04:19 PM   #1

Looking for feedback...TT vs Class C

I am currentlyin the market for an upgraded camper. I am currently in a 2006 Rockwood Freedom with DW and 4 kids. We camp 40 to 50 days a year typically travelling 4 to 12 hours away.

We thought that we were set on stepping up to 8 to 12 year old class C. Walked in dealershipto look at floor plans for class c, and stumbled onto Rockwood Roo 23IKSS. We fell in love with the layout in the hybrid.

Looking feedback on thoughts on the 2 options.

Really like the ease of travel with Class C, but the amenities of hybrid are enticing.

2014:43 2015:44 2016:21+
msubryan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 09:03 AM   #2

Most Class C's are missing power awning, outside shower, grill, radio, internal and external speakers, and other small amenities.

Old 07-13-2016, 10:58 AM   #3

Also remember you need to tow a TOAD with a class c vehicle if you want to go anywhere. Unless you like to break cramp and pack up the Class C every time you want to leave the camp ground for sight seeing or shopping with the DW.
Old 07-13-2016, 11:01 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim34RL View Post
Also remember you need to tow a TOAD with a class c vehicle if you want to go anywhere. Unless you like to break cramp and pack up the Class C every time you want to leave the camp ground for sight seeing or shopping with the DW.
Agree...I have a Jeep Wrangler for that very reason!
Old 07-13-2016, 02:26 PM   #5

I'm so not a fan of a hybrid that I never owned one BUT I'd sure consider that before another Class C or even a super C. Just the 2 of us and 2 small dogs now but never felt comfortable in the C.

If it were me ~ get the TT now and when finances permit upgrade the TV to diesel. When just the 2 of you a 5er is in order.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 02:35 PM   #6

something for everyone

We currently have a Sunseeker 3170DS and love it. With 2 grand kids the bunk beds are terrific. The bottom bunk is also a couch where they can sit and watch TV, play music and games while going down the road. With the class C the bathroom can also be utilized while moving so there is no more need to be stopping all the time. We have had pull trailers, a fifth wheel and a class A. By far the class C is the best for our situation. It drives great, parks easy and offers lots of storage. But, there is somethingfor everyone, that is why there are so very many types and styles of RV's to chose from. Good luck and happy travels
Old 07-13-2016, 02:39 PM   #7

We currently have a class C primarily because we tow a boat. We will be taking an extended trip to Florida this winter and will be considering a toad for convenience. We have seen several RVs towing specifically designed trailers stacking a boat/motor/trailer over the top of a vehicle.

So, which way to go? The class C can be more homey while travelling. But if you are not towing a boat or ATV and doing shorter trips. I would definitely consider staying with a TT. Overall, it would be less expensive and more convenient.
Old 07-13-2016, 02:41 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim34RL View Post
Alot of Class C's aren't powerful enough to tow a vehicle behind them.

2016 Coachmen Freedom Express Liberty Edition 310BHDS
2015 Toyota Tundra 5.7L V8 with towing package
Husky weight distribution hitch with sway control
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 02:54 PM   #9

We have run the gamut of campers in order (I think) small bumper tow, small MH, fifth wheel and diesel three quarter ton combo and now a pretty nice gas class C. We love it. We can fit into any state/provincial park site and with 3 slide outs it's roomy enough to make a 2 month snowbird Florida stay comfortable. We like to keep things tidy inside anyway and can unplug and be off exploring in just a few minutes. We have slept an extra 3 adults once when necessary but roll in comfort when it is us and our 75 lb fur kid. As you have learned what rv you buy changes with your needs. Buy what fits your budget and current needs and have fun.

Phil, Heather & Olaf the Boxer
Ontario Canada
Lexington 283GTS
nights camped 2015-89
2016 - 31
oldsmasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 03:09 PM   #10

I've owned 1 class A, 1 travel trailer, 1 popup and 3 class c's. After all that experience my preference is class C any day of the week. But like anything else, there are so many variables. I like a small class C, which is perfect for 2 or 3. My current new E-450 V-10 can easily tow my Wrangler. I despise hooking and unhooking and maneuvering trailers, personally.

Tags
class c