Old 08-18-2011, 05:03 PM   #21
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
I found an opening I bet most people have overlooked. The outside refrig vents. If you look up at the outer plastic panel there are several rows with dozens of mice size openings. My fix was to hot glue pieces of course plastic filter fabric, similar to a pond filter over the inside of the holes. Takes a little time and calculations to make it work because it had to be folded. Have not seen a mouse in the house since.
Are you talking about the vent on the side (I've got that one sealed like you) or the vent on the roof (didn't think of screening that one off)?

Still to go: AK, NL, NT, NU, YT
Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:15 PM   #22
RV Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis

Are you talking about the vent on the side (I've got that one sealed like you) or the vent on the roof (didn't think of screening that one off)?
The side panel, I had seen signs they visited that area in the past and there are passages all over from there. Did not do the top vent.

1963 Ford 861 5 speed with loader
1958 Ford 800 Select-O-Speed (parts tractor)
buzzards27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:19 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Stuff View Post
myth. ive seen nests made of the stuff.
I've seen nests made with "other" dryer sheets, but never with Bounce. This is one (of only a few) products that I won't substitute for "store brand". At least for this purpose...

2014 RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4 Quad Cab w/Cummins Turbo Diesel, 2009 Rockwood 2607, and 3 'yaks!
300W of Suntech Solar, a Rogue MPT-3024 Controller, and a Xantrex PW2000 Inverter
Fire Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:51 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
I found an opening I bet most people have overlooked. The outside refrig vents. If you look up at the outer plastic panel there are several rows with dozens of mice size openings. My fix was to hot glue pieces of course plastic filter fabric, similar to a pond filter over the inside of the holes. Takes a little time and calculations to make it work because it had to be folded. Have not seen a mouse in the house since.
Thanks, thats what we are thinking. Problem is we have to take one of the wheels off it is in the way. We also had a blow out last year on a bridge under construction so we were not able to pull over right away. We did not see any damage, but maybe time to relook. That is the side I think they are coming in. I had another little critter in the trap this morning. The traps on the other side were clear. Thanks for the help!!
2001 Lincoln Navigator All Wheel drive
hoovercab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:52 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Instructor View Post
I've seen nests made with "other" dryer sheets, but never with Bounce. This is one (of only a few) products that I won't substitute for "store brand". At least for this purpose...

Maybe these CT mice like a nice smelling nest!!!
Old 08-21-2011, 05:59 AM   #26

UPDATE!!!
First Night that I tried the Mint extract and at 5AM this morning NO MICE in any traps. It's a good sign. I think I also found the entry point. Put some on top of the wheels on the side of the frig. Behind the frig, in heater ducts, by water heater, under stove top,behind stove(kitchen in slide out)oh and the camper smells good too...... So far so good. Thanks again everyone I have so many great options.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:48 AM   #27

So you think that the fridge side vent was the entry point? We also do the pepermint oil cotton balls when we winterize, and we always pull the cover off and stick a couple inside that vent compartment.

2014 RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4 Quad Cab w/Cummins Turbo Diesel, 2009 Rockwood 2607, and 3 'yaks!
300W of Suntech Solar, a Rogue MPT-3024 Controller, and a Xantrex PW2000 Inverter
Fire Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:26 AM   #28

mice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Instructor View Post
So you think that the fridge side vent was the entry point? We also do the pepermint oil cotton balls when we winterize, and we always pull the cover off and stick a couple inside that vent compartment.
We think in is under the frig, or wheel well. We had a blow out last year, and we did not see any damage to the wheel well, but now we are going to pull both wheels off and really inspect to see of there was damage that we missed. What I don't understand is why now when it sat all winter, maybe with all the snow we had they could'nt get in. Oh well I plan to keep up with this and with some luck they will go away and not come back.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:45 AM   #29

Get a cat. Ours works better than anything you can buy in the stores.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:26 AM   #30

cat

[QUOTE=Bill_C;126532]Get a cat. Ours works better than anything you can buy in the stores.[/QUOTE

We can't have cats my daughter and I are both highly allergic to the cat hair. We are dog people anyway. They go biking, hiking, and kayaking with us. I don't think a cat would enjoy that.