Old 11-15-2012, 02:37 PM   #31

That really gives new meaning to "build a better mouse trap"

Never the less "That" is one GREAT trap!!

Shane & Antoinette
2012 Ford F-450 SuperDuty
2013 Crusader 355BHQ
Lynkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:12 PM   #32

This is what you need!

Mad cat (Burger and Fries) - YouTube

Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:46 PM   #33
OK linlas13 you had over a week and we wanted to know if you caught those mice yet?
2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 49,000 miles
(2013 - 98 days) (2014 - 117 days) (2015 - 67 days) (2016 - 115 days)
USAF Retired - MSgt

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:50 PM   #34
Old Member
Send a message via Skype™ to mikey
Cedarcide ( works for us. Sprinkle the sawdust granules around the perimeter plus a few well placedsachets throughout does the trick. Critters of all stripes can't stand the aroma found in the cedar oils

Mike, Sheila & Toppi our Fur Kid
2013 Cedar Creek 36CKTS/MorRyde IS/Kodiak Disc + bells-n-whistles

2013 Ford F350 Lariat/CC/DRW/Aux Fuel/Curt 20K
from Spring, TX , FROG, CCRVC, CCRVOC & Escapees members
mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:19 PM   #35
Have Y'all ever thought of what happens to all the poison that is put into the environment with the use of mouse and rat bait?

It doesn't decompose, it usually ends up travelling up the animal food chain, and as it is designed to be a cumulative killer, has also killed cats, raptors, etc.

Another case of man vs. nature with no winner...

Please think about the enviroment and try to limit the use of these toxins. It may be a pet of yours that you save.
Glenn - KA2DTH
2007 Chevy Express 1500 AWD
2005 Surveyor SV-230
Bennington Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:34 PM   #36
I like those hockey puck traps. You can tell when one is in there, and you just throw it away. You don't have to touch the bodies, let alone see them.
2013 f150 Ecoboost 4x4
2009 Gray Wolf, 22BH
TeresaInCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:35 PM   #37
It has been almost a week since we put the cover on it and put it away for the winter. I have only checked it once since then and so far so good. Right now we have moth balls, balsam balm and peppermint oil in different places scattered around the interior.Also we have placed two traps that once they go in they can's go out. Under the camper outside we have mothballs. I am going to check it once a week throughout the winter.
linlas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:53 PM   #38
Commercial Member
I think those are some great ideas. It seems that a lot of the vulnerability is found where appliance or outside hookups come into the RV. It's probably best to park on a slab of cement or cut the lawn low like you suggested.
Brandon Esparza
bjesparza1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:53 PM   #39
Commercial Member
ha! That is so funny!
Brandon Esparza
bjesparza1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:50 PM   #40
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
This should work good for anybody that can't get out to the rig often to empty and reset those darn traps, plus you won't have to put poison out anymore.

All there is here is a 5 gal. bucket, hole thru both sides of the top with a piece of conduit running thru it, with a plastic water bottle smeared with peanut butter on the conduit, (I will replace that with a piece of PVC just big enough to go over the conduit and spin freely.

There is a small board hooked on the edge of the bucket for the little critters to get up there. Then when they get out on the bottle/PVC, it will spin and down they go into a few inches of water or RV antifreeze . They can't get out) in fact I don't think they swim to good either.

You forgot to mention that the RV antifreeze acts like an embalming solution and won't stink up the trailer if left for some periods of time!

I haven't needed this setup yet but now that I mentioned it I'm sure that I will find all kinds of evidence of mice being in my trailer in the spring

Happy Camping,

shineysideup is offline   Reply With Quote