Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2015, 07:34 AM   #41

You just made too much sense!
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 07:37 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drenjoey View Post
I just read all the posts, and folks say they use this and no rodents, they use that and no rodents.
My question is: Did you have rodents BEFORE you used whatever you're using ? If so, than I would think it works, but if you use certain products for prevention, it doesn't mean you had rodents to begin with !
I put elephant repellant all around my house, here in Virginia. I haven't had one elephant come anywhere near to my house, ever!

Bruce
Old 11-14-2015, 09:19 AM   #43
New to FR. Old to TT

Drenjoey, we have had mice and small squirrels in our last TT and lots of mice in a 115 year old house but since we started using the orthro animal be gon none in the new TT and almost none in the house. So I think it really does send them to other places. You still need to block the easy access route and keep grass,weeds,leaves down to make it less likely to provide cover for them to look for egress into your property.
Old 11-14-2015, 10:34 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drenjoey View Post
I just read all the posts, and folks say they use this and no rodents, they use that and no rodents.
My question is: Did you have rodents BEFORE you used whatever you're using ? If so, than I would think it works, but if you use certain products for prevention, it doesn't mean you had rodents to begin with !
Where I park when I had my coach, three other vehicles had damage to their wiring and nests built. I was real liberal with the peppermint oil, no issues with mice/rats. After fixing wiring harness in my truck from the chewing, started spraying peppermint oil in the truck as well, no new signs from rodents.
poorbuthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 04:43 PM   #45

Nice to hear from folks who had rodents problems and actually found an effective solution to get rid of them.
We just bought a Roo 23WS and sure don't want rodents in there. This is why I'm looking for the most effective solution....since we have to leave the mattresses in there for the coming winter.
Drenjoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 07:20 PM   #46

Send a message via AIM to Roadbender
Expanding Insulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by xman123 View Post
does anyone have a tried and true method that works to keep mice out of your motorhome? My wife Hates Mices to pieces lol

My 2011 Wildcat had mice under the bathroom sink.
I got a can of Expanding Insulation foam, and crawled under the trailer and found some open spaces behind the bumper. The foam is easy to use just don't over due it or you will have to trim off the excess. My unit also had some extra space around the front landing gear legs. Fill any suspicious openings under the bottom along the sides ect. It stopped the critters from getting into my trailer. Hardware stores and Home building stores stock it for around six bucks a can
Roadbender is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent